the12volt.com spacer
icon

MES Central Locking w/ Viper 211HV Keyless Entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
olsonk_89 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2015 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote olsonk_89
Can someone confirm if this diagram I made seems correct? I'm installing MES Actuators with a Blue MES Central Locking Timer Relay in my 1969 Camaro. I'm adding a Viper 211HV to have keyless entry. I've read that having 5 wire actuators in both doors can cause headaches so am planning to only hook all 5 wires up in the driver's door and leaving the passenger door as a "slave" actuator. Thanks in advance!
MES Central Locking w/ Viper 211HV Keyless Entry - Last Post -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2015 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes but in practice I'd leave out the brown and violet gong to the passenger door actuator. If the two actuators aren't aligned aren't aligned exactly you'll find the system won't work properly.
Do as that diagram says, use a 2 wire.
olsonk_89 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2015 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote olsonk_89
Thanks for the confirmation. It's just a little diagram I whipped up to aid in my install.
I would use a two wire actuator in the passenger door if I was able to find a MES Blue Relay separately. Currently I've only been able to locate the relay as a part of a two door kit that includes the relay, (2) 5 wire actuators, and wiring to install them. In this case (using a 5 wire actuator in the passenger door) I'm planning to only hook up the red and blue wires in the passenger door as the diagram indicates. I'm planning to keep the black, brown, and violet wires completely unhooked. Does this sound like a good plan?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic