the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Alarm recommendation for 2 cars to use 1 remote.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sonicxtasy 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2015 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sonicxtasy
Hi Guys, new to the forum. I just bought my son a 1998 Integra RS and I am building a 1999 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 and want to add an alarm/keyless entry system to both but only want to carry around 1 remote (already have 2 remotes from other cars). I did car audio and alarm installs in the early 90's and am still familiar with the basics but would like a recommendation of a simple alarm that I can use 1 remote for both cars. I installed many Omega products (K-9, Excalibur) back in the day and if their quality is still good then I would just assume use them again. All I need are basic features, 1 way remotes, silent arming, door lock control, dome and parking lights, and at least 1 2nd output for possible window or remote start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Alarm recommendation for 2 cars to use 1 remote. -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2015 at 4:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Most DEI products, Viper Clifford etc. have multi-car remotes and they are far better quality than the brands you mentioned.
sonicxtasy 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2015 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sonicxtasy
I forgot Directed Electronics was the parent company of Viper, Python and Hornet back in the day. I did not realize they acquired Clifford. I spent a short amount of time (less than 2 minutes) trying to find Omega's website in order to download some manuals but could not find it using pretty standard keywords. No website = no support. So DEI it is.
I think I still have my original Viper Voice talking module from the early 90's. I installed it in my 1980 Dodge St. Regis (4 door old man boat car). It was beat to doodie when I got it and we gave a paint job that we coined "urban camouflage" which consisted of the 19 different colors of spray paint I had in the garage applied in standard camouflage fashion. We had also painted the same X pattern on the rims that they paint on cars they use for crash tests. The day I installed the Viper Voice I went to my buddy Brian's work (Taco Bell at the time) and told him to kick the tire hard. I used a single stage shock sensor to trigger the warning phrase. So in Brian "lets over do it fashion", he runs up to the car and starts jumping on the hood in the middle of a full parking lot while this car that should have been in the junkyard is shouting "Protected By Viper, Stand Back!" It was a sight to see. I worked at Wal-mart at the time (refuse to step foot in one now) and loved pulling up in the POS and watching peoples faces when it barked "Viper Armed". I mkiss those days. LOL.
I see Viper has a website so I will go digging deeper there. Thanks for the recommendation.Alarm recommendation for 2 cars to use 1 remote. -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2015 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes I go back that far. Clifford G3/4 with Intellisensor, Stand-away etc.
Go for one with an LCD remote, e.g. 3303 they will definitely do multiples.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic