the12volt.com spacer
icon

1996 Corvette, Viper 3105v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toricred 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2015 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote toricred
I'm trying to install a Viper 3105v in my 1996 Corvette CE. I've got the +12v, ground, parking lights connected properly. I can see that when the remote is activated the parking lights blink appropriately. I have identified the wires for the lock and unlock. I'm not clear whether or not I need a relay, whether the locks are lock + or lock -, and whether or not I need to connect the various door input triggers and the ignition switch power. I'm only after the keyless entry at this time, but while I'm at it I'd like to disable the factory alarm and connect the Viper alarm. I don't want the starter disable feature connected at all.
I guess in order my questions are:
1. Do I need the 451 relay?
2. What are the bare minimum wires to connect for the keyless entry system?
3. What additional wires do I connect for the alarm and what do I do to disable the factory alarm?
4. Finally, how do I make sure the starter disable isn't connected and isn't causing problems with the operations of the alarm and keyless entry?
At this point I know the remotes are contacting the control unit since it clicks once for lock and multiple times for unlock.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2015 at 5:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
1) Yes.
2) See diagram
3) Install siren, hood and trunk switches where applicable, factory arm disable see diagram.
4) If the kit supplies a separate relay for starter disable simply don't fit it.
96_corvette.png
toricred 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2015 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote toricred
This is exactly what I needed. javascript:AddSmileyIcon('1996 Corvette, Viper 3105v -- posted image.') Now I just need to get the 451M, find the door trigger inputs and the ignition power. I have a plan of attack. Do auto stores have the 451M usually? I could also try Audio Express since they install alarms. Hopefully they'll sell me the relay. 1996 Corvette, Viper 3105v -- posted image. 1996 Corvette, Viper 3105v -- posted image. 1996 Corvette, Viper 3105v -- posted image.
toricred 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2015 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote toricred
I got the keyless entry part working today. I have still not connected the ignition wire, door triggers, or factory alarm disable yet. I've located the door trigger so that will be easy. I'm still working on finding the other two. This ended up being fairly straight forward once I figured out which wires were what.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2015 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No idea who stocks it though I have some but then look where I'm based.1996 Corvette, Viper 3105v -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2015 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
BTW the sheet I looked up only gave two door triggers, you might need a switch for the trunk lid then wire it through to the front.
If there's a trunk light, pull the bulb and see which side has power, the other side is the wire you want. It might to to the front for factory alarm.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic