the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 ford fusion speaker upgrade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mohpro 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2015 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mohpro
I own a 2012 ford fusion. It has 8 speakers (ford calls it 10 speakers because they count the tweeters seperate). Let me explain what it consist of, then i will ask my question
Front doors - 5x7 componenets
Dash - 3.5" center speaker
Rear doors - 5x7 coax
Rear deck - two 6x9 and one 3.5 center speaker
So here is what i need help with
After replacing all of the above speakers, would I be able to use two 4 channel amps to power all of them? If so, how do I get 8 RCAs out of 4 (headunits usually only have 4 rca outputs for interior speakers). What would be the proper way to connect the speaker wires to the amplifiers? In other words, should i connect the front door components to ch. 1 and 2 of one amplifier, then the center speaker in the dash to the second amp? If someone could please give me a detailed break down on how to properly wire this type of set up for all 8 speakers, that would be great. I lrob wont be doing this upgrade until january but i am doing some planning ahead.
Thanks
mohpro 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2015 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mohpro
Also, how should the rca cables be connected? I am totally lost
speakeasypete 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2015 at 3:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote speakeasypete
Mohpro,I'm not an installer,however I had many cars and did installs on all but one.Here's some ideas;first,try running the front door speakers off the head unit & use one 4 channel amp for the rear door spkrs & rear deck 6x9's.A separate gain control for front & rear channels of your amp would be helpful.I don't think your little center speakers front and rear will do you any good at all.This type of set up is usually used in home entertainment systems.Second idea, use a 2 channel amp for the fronts along with the 4 channel amp for the rear.Third,a smaller 4 channel for the doors & a bigger amp for the rear.I'm thinking less power would be needed up front near the driver.You have lots to work with & lots of options.
p,/

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic