the12volt.com spacer
icon

arctic start remote? came with car.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scypheroth 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2015 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote scypheroth
hello all! i just bought a 2001 hyundai santa fe v6. it has a command start installed and the brand(according to the sticker under the hood) is arctic start. though it does nto have a remote and i seem to cant find one any where or what it looks like. I brought it to every shop in my area and no one even heard of arctic start. what im looking for is a new remote and how to program it...
here is all the number i can find on the brain under the dash:
RT12A00 148574 04 91178      also says A-RT12    and also A24
i have attached pictures below of these numbers....also the antenna has 2 red lights on it and a single button.
arctic start remote? came with car. - Last Post -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2015 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Arctic Start is part of Firstech LLC.  Here is a link to their WEB site ;  http://www.arcticstart.com/

Their other brands are Compustar and iDatalink.  That being said the white sticker looks very similar to Ultra Start stickers.  Don't recognize the model number but the A24 represents the F/W version.  Their antenna's have twin LEDs ( older units were Red & newer units are Blue ).   You might have a OEM'd Ultra Start unit with the AM freq transmitters.  Not sure what they did in Canada.  They are usually 4 button remotes that are pretty universal throughout the line.  Programming replacement remotes is easy.  Here is a link to Ultra Start :

http://www.ultrastarters.com/index.html

Here is a picture of the old style antenna with the Red LEDs :

Newer antenna's have one round harness lead with 4 internal wires.  Newer antenna's are clear plastic with twin Blue LEDs.  The most recent have only one Blue LED.

Soldering is fun!
scypheroth 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2015 at 1:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote scypheroth
yup that is exactly what it looks like....wouldn't happen to have a link to a remote that would work would ya? :p
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2015 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Does you antenna harness look like the photo or is it a single round cable?

You could try doing a search on EBAY.CA for MKYTXPT4G.  That is the FCC number of the basic 4 button AM freq remote.

As previously mentioned, your system is an older model and made for the Canadian market so I can't be positive it will work.
You might find a good condition used remote for under $20 that you could try to program to your system.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ULTRA-KEYLESS-REMOTE-MKYTXPT4G-BLUE-LIGHT-/151546983021?hash=item2348e7726d&vxp=mtr

Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic