the12volt.com spacer
icon

530t gray wire ma capacity

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
advancedj 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2015 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote advancedj
Have a question?
I have had a python 881xp for several years with a dei shock sensor on blue wire and a 508d and a 509u diode isolated on the green shock sensor wire.
I have just put in a 530t window module. It will activate the prewarn of shock sensor and the 508d and also it activates the 509u. I have switches to be able to have only the sensors I want working at any one time, so I know each sensor needs to be bypassed during 530t operation.
My question is how many relays can the (-) gray wire supply?
To separate the trigger wires I would need to feed 3relays with the gray wire.
Or do the dei sensor not false/trigger on power up if I separate the 12v or ground to the sensors? Thus only needing one relay to cut the feed to all the sensors?
Thanks
Jay
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 26, 2015 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
I have no idea of the output capacity of that wire. If it is 200ma you can only drive one relay with it. A typical Bosch/Now Tyco relay draws 160ma of current. You may have to trigger that relay and make that relay feed the coils of the 3 relays you need to trip.
advancedj 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2015 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote advancedj
Thanks idiot- funny name
Do u know if the dei shock sensor, 508d or the 509u tend to send a trigger fault on power up?
If I can just use the gray wire to trip one relay that either cuts ground or 12v positive during window operation then that would cut a lot of time and modification. But I know some sensors tend to fault on power up. I was an alarm installer or 20yrs ago but never dealt much with dei products. I know the old omega sensors would immediately fault on power up and u had to relay the sensor trigger wires not the power to the sensors or you would have the alarm sounding on power up if the sensors.
Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2015 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
the 508 and 509 won't power up for at least 15 seconds after arming.
If you do want to use the grey wire use it to open a single relay carrying the black ground for both sensors, they're commoned internally anyway.
advancedj 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2015 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote advancedj
Thanks for the response howie!
From your response, dei shock sensors and 508d motion sensor and 509u ultrasonic will not fault the trigger wires on power up, that was my concern as the first stage 508d or shock sensor will trigger a relay to roll the windows up if they are left down while armed and I did not want to have false alarms from the sensors powering up and triggering full alarm.
Thanks again, I will wire it up for the 530t gray wire to trigger a relay to cut the grounds to the sensors while windows are active.
I installed hundreds of alarms back in the day, 20 years ago. I know why I don't do it any longer, my hats off to all you that install on a daily basis.
Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2015 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Given up myself, 69 soon and no more outside winter work please.
Just a point, all those sensors, too many, they are going to mutually false each other. Install one at a time then test, after about 30 hrs, I guarantee you'll have to turn the 508d. Frankly I think you'll also have to power the red from the red at H1, there isn't enough power at the ports this series gave grief 2 years ago with simply a shock sensor and a 508d.
advancedj 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2015 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote advancedj
I have had the sensors installed for about 5 years, I very rarely run all sensors at one time. I have micro switches on the gwa ground wire to the sensors, so each sensor can be run independantly or together. Also the power is not coming from the brain but independantly fused separately.
I have had very low falsing even with all the sensors active at one time. The only falsing is from the neighborhood cats, that think my hood is a bed which sets off the outer perimeter of the 508d. But with hooking up the window control it was setting off the sensors.
20yrs ago u could not break the ground or the 12v of the omega sensors as they tended to trigger/false on power up. You always had to break the trigger wires.
Since I am not a pro in alarms any longer, I thought it would be best to ask the pros on this forum.
Thanks again,
Jay
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2015 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Fair enough you know what you're talking about so I'll bow to your judgement.
advancedj 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2015 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote advancedj
As far as the 508d motion sensor, most problems I saw long ago with them is where they are mounted and everyone wanted them turned so far up that they always falsed.
Do you remember the individual vibration pads you could stick in each door shell and adjust so if you barely touched the door the alarm would go off. I can't remember the part number of them but I know omega made the ones I used. They were about the size of a quarter with a thin wire that went back to the sensor module. I hated those things.
Jay
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2015 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I much preferred the Clifford G4/5 digital prox, adjusted from remote much better than a 508d. And 1/4 the size. I always turn the 508d to bare minimum advise the customer on how to get at it because I won't be returning (up to 250 miles in some cases). And turn it down more the next day.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic