the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 F150, installing Avital 5303L and PKFM

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2015 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.

I should have read it again before posting. I have a good memory, but I guess not "terrific". The tip is for Normally CLOSED door triggers. Fords are normally open. I still think the strategy I outlined above would work. But there must be a solution for this out there somewhere.

The tip I was referencing is tech tip 1921 10-09

```````````````````````````````````````````

EDIT:  Here's a couple more thoughts.

You say the remote indicates "door open" is causing the alarm. Look at the LED when it triggers. Door trigger is 3 flashes. If it isn't 3 flashes, it's another trigger. Be sure you're chasing the correct gremlin.

Why did you use the door switches? Most of my experience is with GM, but I've done a couple of Fords, and I used the blk/blu wire at the dome lights. Program the Avatal for "no door open chirps" so you don't get warnings from the delayed dome lights. You also use the (+) door trigger input on the Avatal. Worked fine for me, and a lot less work than intercepting all the door inputs to the BCM.

There's some more ideas.

s20dbond 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2015 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote s20dbond
I don't know how to attach files here, but I added diodes to the door trigger wires with non striped ends torward the bcm, according to the tech tip I listed earlier, 1076. It works exactly as it is supposed to now. Thanks for your help Davep. I wouldn't have had any idea where to look without your help. I also discussed it with and Electrical Engineer friend of mine, and he helped me quite a bit too. He explained why I needed to add the diodes in the way that I did.
Thanks,
Doug
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic