the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Toyota Camry wiring information

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mspurewal 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2015 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mspurewal
Hello to all,
Anyone can help me to find two wires of Toyota Camry 2003. Those wires are “Gear Position Signal” (+)12V and “Gas Circuit” (+) /+12V. I am installing the remote starter. Seller is not helping me. I have found all other wires from the help of this site and some other sites.
Thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2015 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Anything that asks for gear position and gas circuit should be thrown away.
mspurewal 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2015 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mspurewal
Hello my friend.
Thanks for your posting. My remote starter is not a brand name. If it will work, it will work with my original old remote control central locking system. There are total 14 wires. I have found and successfully connected 10 wires. Other 4 have not connected yet. Two already mention on this post and other two are; ACC on and OUTPUT 500 mA Current (-). My car has only one Accessory wire and I connected the Check Accessory on wire to that. I asked the seller where I should connect the other Accessory on wire and OUTPUT 500 mA Current (-) wire. He said he will ask his engineer. He has not answered that yet.
Yesterday September 4, 2015 I went to my local Audio Store. They also install the remote starter. They told my try to connect the 12V live wire to Gear Position Signal Wire and they also told me they never connected any Gas circuit wire. So, I will try that if it works or not. The seller told me that all wire should be connected but he is not helping me. I will try few things and let you know if It worked or not.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2015 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I'm loathe to help you this unit will bring you nothing but grief and car problems down the line. Frankly even with reputable product, the manufacturers won't help the public, if you need to ask, take it to a pro.
I suppose you can't show the manufacturer's diagram?
Never heard of gear position and gas circuit.
Does the lack of technical backup not tell you anything?
You might need a bypass.
mspurewal 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2015 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mspurewal
Hello to Hovie and all others,
Sorry for late response. I was very busy for other home work which I have to do before winter.
Bypass module was also include with my remote starter. I have to put my chip key in to that module. It works fine. Because now I cannot start my car with chip key. I have to use the ordinary cut key. I know it is not safe somebody can steel my car. But I am just doing that experiment how it works. Now I can start my car with old remote but is stopping after few seconds. I asked the seller about that and wait for few days for his response. I already order the new avital remote starter and I will install that very soon.
Thanks for your comments.
mspurewal 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2015 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mspurewal
Please look at this link post.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=139559&get=last#710760

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic