the12volt.com spacer
icon

Astroflex Model 120A

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snuchster 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2015 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snuchster

Hello all,

I just recently purchased a 2001 Toyota 4Runner and noticed it has an Astroflex remote starter in it (Model 120A). I also have one in my Avalanche but not this model. My only question is; does anyone know which remote I need since the vehicle didn't come with one? Or is there an easy way to determine which one you need?

Astrostarts website was of little help.

Thanks

snuchster 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2015 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snuchster
I went directly through Astrostart & they told me I need a 2514-TX remote. Does anyone have an installation manual for this model?
snuchster 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2015 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snuchster
I should have said, does anyone have the installation manual for the Model 120A?
snuchster 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2015 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snuchster
After further investigation of this unit, I was able to get the car to turnover for just a brief moment. I am getting a tach error of four blinks from the module. I re-programmed it for 6 cylinders and again it sends a tach error. What is odd is the 4runner doesn't sound the same when starting with the remote, with the key it sounds normal. It sounds like a grinding noise with the remote?????
Since this is an older model (120A), can anyone tell me the dipswitch settings for auto learning of the tach?
I have an Astroflex in my Avalanche and I tried the same settings for the auto learn but it doesn't seem to work. I don't get any blinks from the module.
Any help? I'm assuming at one time this unit did work with the previous owner.
snuchster 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2015 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snuchster
Moved tach wire to black wire on the diagnostic port under the hood. Works like a champ.
snuchster 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2015 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snuchster
Spoke to soon I suppose. One item I may need help with. The 4runner starts fine when the doors are unlocked. However, when the doors are locked and the car is remotely started the panic alarm goes off. I'm assuming that the vehicle thinks the car is being stolen. Does anyone know how or where to tie in with the existing wiring on a 2001 4runner so the car doesn't think it's trying to be stole?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2015 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Find the key sense wire, it's possibly BLACK / YELLOW, it goes to ground when key is inserted into the ignition, should be one of two on a plug attached to the ignition cylinder.
join this to a GWR or status wire on the R/S, i.e. a wire that goes to ground when R/S is activated.
snuchster 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2015 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snuchster
I want to say that the wiring is hooked up ok after finding the tach wire problem but not 100% certain. I have the same brand (Astroflex, different model) in my Avalanche & the only difference I see is the Avalanche has a bypass module for he ignition. Is it possible that is what I need for this Toyota? The vehicle will start fine as long as I unlock the door first and then remote start it. If I do not unlock the door first the security system takes over and alarms when remote starting. I'm a bit confused.
One other thing, once the car is started, I cannot unlock the doors with the Toyota key FOB, I have to open the door with the key.
Thanks
snuchster 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2015 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snuchster
Disregard that last statement. The doors won't unlock with the key FOB while the car is alarming.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2015 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Keysense.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic