the12volt.com spacer
icon

cliffnet wizard pro software

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sunlitcomet 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2015 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sunlitcomet
Anyone have the pro version around?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2015 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Wasting your time it won't work on G5 only G4.
I always programmed tach manually.
In fact to answer your other post does the programming button do anything?
Engine running, on * twice, clear once. LED should flash, hold star for about 13 seconds, 3 chirps of siren.
I think it's (top of my head) clear X 3, * X 1, then two X light flash, programmed.
Never ever used Wiz on a G5, never had to change starter time etc.
sunlitcomet 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2015 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sunlitcomet
followed proper procedure no dice it does not see the tach signal tho it indicates it learned it when i used the pro software and again with valet switch. verified wire connectivity. mainly need software to set thresholds on the engine module. like running time, battery level, temp, high rpm shutdown etc. if i get it working again. BTW have you ever had an instance where when alarm triggered the horn went of but siren stayed silent. happens occasionally.
stanward 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2015 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stanward
I used the Pro software on my Avantguard 5.
That was back when I owned a laptop with Windows 2000 on it. I haven't tried to install Cliffnet Wizard pro on any other Operating System after that (never had to change settings on my alarm). My alarm still works great (remote starter and Smart Windows and Intellivoice Module). The original smart siren's battery failed and the Proximity Sensor failed. I have yet to replace either.
sunlitcomet 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2015 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sunlitcomet
can you send me the pro version?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2015 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Waste of time, a simple fact of life with Clifford G5. The man who devised the software was an Israeli (surprise surprise) whom DEI gave the bullet to as soon as they acquired Clifford, far better software than the Bitwriter. Once he'd gone and founded Skytek no one at DEI could emulate it and it was corrupted for G5. Even the wonderful Intellisense won't work with G5.
You can use the Wiz but tach sense must be done manually. If the R/S doesn't work you've done something else wrong. Never ever had a failure, never had any problems and because of the UK climate never had to adjust any settings, starter time etc.
If using Intellistart lV or V (same product, different manufacturers) the only wires from the I/Start to be used are TACH, and STATUS outputs (immobiliser bypass etc.).
sunlitcomet 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2015 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sunlitcomet
is there a hard reset that might restore all function to default that i don't see in the manuals?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2015 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No, everything's retained in a non volatile memory.
That's why it's a Wiz PRO .
stanward 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2015 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stanward
Howie, thank you for the awesome history! Only dealers would know this information!
howie ll wrote:
Waste of time, a simple fact of life with Clifford G5. The man who devised the software was an Israeli (surprise surprise) whom DEI gave the bullet to as soon as they acquired Clifford, far better software than the Bitwriter. Once he'd gone and founded Skytek no one at DEI could emulate it and it was corrupted for G5. Even the wonderful Intellisense won't work with G5.
You can use the Wiz but tach sense must be done manually. If the R/S doesn't work you've done something else wrong. Never ever had a failure, never had any problems and because of the UK climate never had to adjust any settings, starter time etc.
If using Intellistart lV or V (same product, different manufacturers) the only wires from the I/Start to be used are TACH, and STATUS outputs (immobiliser bypass etc.).
sunlitcomet 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2015 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sunlitcomet
i doubt it. every store i went to regarding clifford systems says they are dealers but don't about the g5 or cliffnet systems and tell me to call the makers. wizes me off.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic