the12volt.com spacer
icon

cliffnet wizard pro software

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2015 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You're not really paying any attention are you, I never said dealers and most dealers wouldn't; only those who were around about 15 years ago when G5 first came out. But then you haven't payed attention from your original post on either this or the other thread going back about 2 years. Telling Me of all people that TACH comes off the G5 part and on.
To these dealers Clifford and Viper are the same, G5 though is completely different. Different ways to install, program etc.
The nearest current product equivalent to G5 is Compustar in terms of what it does and build quality.
sunlitcomet 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2015 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sunlitcomet
was referring to the other guy about dealers knowing. not trying to doubt you or anything. just want the issue fixed. if wiring is correct then what is the solution. that is a;l i want and then i will disapear.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2015 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
OK follow the rules, car, year make and model state the problem, list your wiring connections.
sunlitcomet 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2015 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sunlitcomet
1996 chevy tahoe, module does not see tach signal after trying to relearn it using software and then trying to adjust rpm threshold. was totally functional before doing so. tach signal wire from module is hooked to white wire off coil. just as the dash tach is which is function. will that do?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2015 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Reprogram everything manually.
Assume white wire at the coil is the coil(-).
Since we've never seen a Tahoe in Europe, by the way it's 11:30pm here.
If auto GREEN/ black thin red, black, black grey (tach) are all connected.
sunlitcomet 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2015 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sunlitcomet
well still no dice. think it might worth be asking clifford for a new unit? it on occasion only chips the interior siren and not he external and horn. i am a wiz ard at stuff but this is not coming together as it once was before i used the software to set the rpm threshold.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2015 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Never use the Wiz to set tach on G5 it will throw EVERYTHING else out.
The software is fine for G4, totally inadequate for G5
As for your siren, if it's battery back up, that's failed or if on the same circuit as your intern piezo, then failed or bad wiring.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic