the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Ram 2500 Remote Start / Alarm Plan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
watermelon 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2015 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote watermelon
yes I did program the flashlogic to Mode 1 (1blink).
i see on page 14 there is a vin setup section. what is that for? is that a step that has to be completed with the button on the flashlogic?
i will go through Factory Reset, install mode, and lock in again.
will update. thanks again.
2003 Ram 2500 Remote Start / Alarm Plan - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.
watermelon 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2015 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote watermelon
ok went through steps again. it works! door lock. very cool.
will knock out relays for horn, parking lights, n dome over the next couple of days.
thanks again all
watermelon
watermelon 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2015 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote watermelon
may i ask a few more questions as my project winds down?
i have the parkinglights/headlights and horn sounding via relays when alarm is tripped.
regarding the dome light: i hooked it up via relay and then tripped alarm. i did not see any flashing; i think it was because i had the dome light function turned off via the knob on the dash. i may wire up a relay and retest this function making sure the dome light knob is turned on. is the function of the dome light output of the viper supposed to make the dome light flash upon the alarm tripping (via relay of course)?
regarding the control center: the viper has this little module called the control center. it has a valet button and led on it and acts as an rf reciever(i think). owners manual says this is unit can be located in the upper portion of the window. my question is this: should this control center module be hidden or located in upper part of windshield? can my alarm be defeated through the control center somehow? if so i may hide it. i dont want to cause it does flash the led when system is armed.
thanks again for all the help,
watermelon
watermelon 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2015 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote watermelon
Thank you Kreg357 and Howie II and the rest of the 12volt forum for helping me get through my Viper 5806v install. You all made it achievable.
This project is complete.
Regards,
watermelon
Page of 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic