the12volt.com spacer
icon

XK01 window module built in?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quadtro 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2015 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote quadtro
I have a 2004 Silverado crew cab, putting in a viper remote start 4706v using press kit xk01. My question is will the xk01 also control my windows? Also what's the difference between the xk01 and dball2? Will I need a dei 535t to do my windows?
Thx
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2015 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

The XK01 w/AMDL firmware will control the window roll-up thru data with a lock command.  No extra module is needed.  You will

have to add the extra relay to supply power to the Accessory2 circuit and in module programming, change Mode 5 to Option 2.

Remember that this will only do window roll-up.  If you want window roll-down or vent, you should use a window module.

The DB-ALL2 is a newer style module.  It uses different firmware and has different features for your truck.  It does not do

window roll-up but will control the heated items ( seats, mirrors and defog ) like the XK01 w/AMDL.

Soldering is fun!
quadtro 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2015 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote quadtro
Thx kreg, like hearing I don't need a module.
quadtro 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2015 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote quadtro
another question... do you know how long the pulse is to keep the window rolling up? Just curious since my passenger side rolls up extremely slower than the driver (guess its a chevy thing).
quadtro 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2015 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote quadtro
K.. Everything is hooked up and working properly. The xk01 did roll up all 4 windows, I only expected the 2 so bonus. Yah.. Now I want the defogger to work via the remote, xk01 manual said heated seat and defogger can be controlled but don't see programming instructions on how to do this. Can this be done? The viper has a wire for defogger (-200mah I believe), how do I wire this in to work? I've searched and read a relay is needed, but have no idea how to wire it. Any suggestions?
Thx
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2015 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

May not be of much help on that aspect of the XK01.  Not my usual brand.  Doesn't look like there is any special wire connections

or programming to make the defrosters work.  I use iDatalink modules and the bypass module will turn these items on ~15 seconds
after a remote start-up, if the engine coolant temp is below 32 degrees F.  Here is a note from the XK01 w/AMDL install guide :
**** Defogger and Heated seats features may or may not function depending on the capabilities of the vehicle.

I don't have any info on the Rear Defrog wire in that truck.  Hopefully another member has it and is able to jump in and assist you.

Depending on the vehicles' needs, (-) or (+), latched or momentary pulse, we can give you the specific wiring for the relay and the

necessary Viper programming.

Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic