the12volt.com spacer
icon

Clifford Remote Start cranks only for a second

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
king6fab 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2015 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote king6fab
Hello everyone, new here. Joined up to figure out this problem I have on a newly acquired nissan Titan.   Im pretty good with electrical so im up to the challenge.
The problem I have is with a Clifford 7752X, Everything works on it, except the Remote Start, When I push the start button, the lights come on, and it cranks for a second, then stops 30-40seconds later it will crank for a second again, then stops. Obviously this isnt long enough to start the truck.
Now heres where the funny part comes in, If I put the key in the ignition, turn it to ON, then turn it to off and pull the key out, push the remote start, it fires right up.
What gives?
Also a video of it in action
https://youtu.be/PO-hJrHqJ2U
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2015 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Failed OEM immobiliser by-pass.
You also need to test the R/S outputs, You need I believe 2 start and 2 ignition wires, check to see that they are all powered up during R/S.
Also obviously check voltage from all fuses to your grounding point.
king6fab 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2015 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote king6fab
OEM immobiliser, I havent had a chance to check wires as of yet..working late lately. However heres a good question, would using the OEM secuirty remote cause a problem with this? I bought the truck from a dealer that got it as a trade in, when I asked about the remote start they threw their hands in the air.. I assume it worked for the original owner, maybe the dealer used the Oem remote messing it up?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2015 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Unlikely.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic