the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Mustang GT Mach 460 wiring diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tassmaster 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2015 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tassmaster
Need help! Looking for a radio/audio wiring diagram for the Mach 460 sound system for an 03 Mustang GT.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 10, 2015 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
What are you trying to do?
tassmaster 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2015 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tassmaster
I'm putting in 2 10's from a previous vehicle I owned, but I am keeping the Mach 460 sound system installed (all speakers and the stock head unit) I have my line level converter, bass gain knob and all the RCAs I could ever need. I just need the wiring diagram for this exact system and year to know what the wires are coming out of the radio, which wires are the grounds, rear left(+,-) and rear right(+,-) so I can put in the converter as well the amp trigger wire coming out of the radio for the subs amp I'm putting in with it all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2015 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Look to the relevant year and model in the Vehicle Wiring section on this site.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 11, 2015 at 5:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Are there 2 amplifiers mounted under the rear deck? One on each side? If so, there are no usable wires behind the radio. The wires you need to catch are the wires that feed the 6 X 8 drivers in the front doors. I have no idea what color those wires are.
tassmaster 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2015 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tassmaster
Yea I could do that but since I'm putting in a bass knob I would have to use double the length of RCAs running them from the converter to the knob up front my the radio and back to the amp in the trunk. If I can find out what the wires are coming right out of the back of the radio plugs my RCAs used would just be from the converter right next to the radio to the bass knob a foot away and then to the amp in the back. Your suggestion wasn't a bad one I'm just trying to find a color coded wiring diagram for the sound system plugs coming out of the radio, or if someone knew the exact wires I'm looking for just give me a shout and let me know.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2015 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Already told you where to look.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2015 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
autozone.com has diagrams, sign up... The speaker outputs of the radio are probably crossed over in the radio, high pass that is.   Meaning that they aren't a usable signal for the subs. The subwoofer low level output available at the radio is a balanced output, which would require the use of a converter, unless the amplifier added has balanced inputs. The amp turn-on lead is not 12 volts, 5 volts if I recall. This will require either a turn on module, or a switch on the remote lead.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic