the12volt.com spacer
icon

2014 Subaru Forester 2.0XT, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
newbieve6 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2015 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbieve6
Hi,
B4 winter arrives, trying to have remote starter installed possibly
3rd party one. OEM one does not have good range as usual. Any suggestions/comments please.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2015 at 3:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

My choice would be a Compustar FT7200S with the PRO G7 remote kit.  This setup will give you 1/2 mile of range with very rugged one-way remotes.  For the bypass module, I would go with the Fortin EVO-ALL flashed with the current 6.79.27 firmware.  You could also add DRONE if you needed unlimited range.

Links :

Compustar  :  http://www.compustar.com/products/pro/

EVO-ALL  :  http://fortin.ca/en/vehicles/subaru/forester_xt/2014/

Both brands are widely market in Canada, so check around at local 12 Volt shops for their recommendations.

Soldering is fun!
newbieve6 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2015 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbieve6
Thanks. Old car had FT7200S and blade which gave us good service.
newbieve6 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2015 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbieve6
I noticed iDATA blade SUB3. Wouldn't it easier if Blade is
used with Compustar kit?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2015 at 5:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Yes, absolutely correct.  The Compustar and Blade combo provides a nicely integrated and compact unit.  With the new SUB3 firmware

you only need one "bypass" module.  Prior to the release of the SUB3 firmware, the installation required two bypass modules, a Blade AL
for the convenience features and an ADS AL-CA for the transponder bypass.  However, the SUB3 firmware is listed as Automatic
transmission only.  I believe all XT's are CVT's but not positive.  Additionally SUB3 is for regular key ignition and SUB2 is for PTS cars.
The Fortin EVO-ALL with handle either ignition system and either transmission.

That's why I suggested you check around at local +12V shops.  Shops that install Compustar systems use the Blade modules and will

probably recommend that setup over the EVO-ALL.  Both are great solutions but both require additional tools ( ADS USB or FlashLink
cable ) and in the case of iDatalink / Blade AL, dealer registered access for the KLON process.

Soldering is fun!
newbieve6 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2015 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbieve6
Thank you so much. This is wife's new car. 2.0XT with CVT leaving out
factory remote starter which supposes to have only 400' range. I decided to go with EVO-ALL with FT7200 kit with SS remote. Put in an order. Looking forward to receiving them.
kreg357 
Posted: October 17, 2015 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
If this is to be a DIY install, you will need the Fortin FlashLink cable to flash the EVO-ALL with the correct firmware and the use the FlashLink cable again during the actual install programming to run the DCryptor process to finish the install.  It's a multi-step process.  See the EVO-ALL install guide for all the details.
Soldering is fun!
newbieve6 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2015 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbieve6
Hi,
I am getting too old for DIY job now at age 75. Will have a good local tech take care of it. Just to be safe.
newbieve6 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2015 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbieve6
BTW, there are some blade compatible brains; Omega, Compustar..
But there are Omega OL-Blade-AL, COM-Blade-AL and ADS-Blade-AL.
Are they one and same with different name(label)or uniquely different or they are not interchangeable even with same firmware flashed?
Anyone happens to know?
newbieve6 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2015 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbieve6
Installation done with CM7200 with Blade flashed with SUB3 f/w. Ran into
one problem. Remote start works intermittent. Some times it works, some times it quits as soon as engine starts. Where I am suppose to look/check? I am stuck. Help!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic