the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2014 Subaru Forester 2.0XT, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2015 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

If this was installed by a local +12V shop, the Compustar system has a very nice guarantee.  Bring it back and let them make it right. 

The Blade supplies the Compustar with a Tach signal, so you might verify that the FT7200 is still set to Tach Mode and a successful Tach Learn was done.

Soldering is fun!
newbieve6 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2015 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbieve6
I ended up doing it myself today. (yesterday it was -10C, today above
freezing) I keep thinking I set something wrong in Option group 2-01
(tach sensing method) I set it to optimal tach method. 2-10 engine sensing, I set it to tach. I wonder I should set it to alternator?
All other functions alright. Is there a tach signal learning period
after install.?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2015 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Tach learning procedure:
Learn tach by: (1.) Starting the vehicle with the key, (2.) Press and hold the foot brake, then (3.) Activate the
remote start sequence - one chirp and parking light flash indicates that the vehicle tach signal has been
successfully learned. Three chirps and three parking light flashes indicate that the control module failed to
see a proper tach signal.
Soldering is fun!
newbieve6 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2015 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbieve6
Thank you so much. I step thru the procedure with normal idle 700rpm.
It work OK now. Thanks, again. One thing I found out, I had to set
both trunk release, power liftgate option together to make the power
liftgate work. I did not realize my vision is not as good as it used to be. Barely managed to finish the job, soldering and all. Took almost 3 hours.
Thanks again very much.
newbieve6 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2015 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbieve6
As addendum regarding late model Subaru engines. There is known issues with some about incorrect cam sensor gap or sensor mounting position from the factory causing poor idle(rpm fluctuation) and poor starting.
OEM battery has only 390CCA rating. When temp. hit below freezing little bit already cranking speed was marginal. Imagine when temp. hits
-20C, when I check Acura RDX battery CCA rating was 610.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic