the12volt.com spacer
icon

Honda Accord 2008 Viper 5706v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aguilarpro 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2015 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aguilarpro
So I have been planning to install a Viper alarm system on my Honda Accord 2008 using D2D instead of W2W. I believe that this will be helpful for DIY. Please see the images and let me know if I'm on the right path. I will be using DBALL2 and XKLoader for the firmware for the bypass module.
According to the first diagram I only need the black wires. Notice that on the second image I did not mark any of the wires from the 24-pin harness from the Viper Alarm. What wires would I have to connect from this 24-pin harness? Keep in mind that I want to use D2D which is the easiest in my case.
Also note that I have questions about the wires that need to go to 12v constant from the car. Please confirm this for me as I only see that the bypass needs power and the alarm system itself (Viper).
Honda Accord 2008 Viper 5706v -- posted image.
Honda Accord 2008 Viper 5706v -- posted image.
Honda Accord 2008 EX-L 2.4 S
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2015 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Use only the unbroken lines.
You have 2 X ACC program the Viper H3/7 Pink/white as second ACC, Menu 3, feature 8 option 2.
Also Menu 3 feature 1 option 2 automatic, feature 2 option 4 tach.
H3/4 violet and H3/5 green work as a starter cut. Cut the vehicle yellow and join key side to green, starter motor side to violet.
If you don't want to do the cut just join the violet to the vehicle yellow and ignore the green.
Bottom right white plug on the DB-ALL, just plug one end to the DB-ALL the other to the Viper, doesn't need to be opened up.
All the wires marked ? on H/3 need to be connected.
H2/2 BLACK/ white. MUST be grounded.
I've assumed auto transmission, if not let me know.
After successful DB-ALL programming, remember to program tach!
aguilarpro 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2015 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aguilarpro
Everything looks clearer now; just wanted a little push on what I was missing. I highly thank you for that.
The car is automatic.
For the accessory #2 do I need some special relay? I know I have read something about relays to convert power but in my case I'm not sure.
Would it be beneficial to cut the starter wire and join them from the ends of the Viper?
Do I need to always program the tach?
Please advise, thank you!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2015 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No special relay it's the inbuilt flex relay on the Viper.
We always cut that starter wire, one more theft prevention circuit.
You always need to program tach. the method is shown to the right of the page on your pictures. After installation is complete, run engine, after a minute or so when the idle speed settles, just press and hold the button on the control centre, after a few seconds blue light comes on, job done.
aguilarpro 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2015 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aguilarpro
Is it better to run all 12v wires from the viper straight and hook it up on the car's 12v constant individually OR can I combine them together and just attach one of cables to the car's 12v?
Thank you for your help and prompt response.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2015 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Join to 2 wires.
aguilarpro 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2015 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aguilarpro
Do I need to wire H1/6 Orange to ground? I'm unsure about it. Thanks!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2015 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No, it goes to ground itself when the alarm is activated to run things like sensors, window closers.
aguilarpro 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2015 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aguilarpro
I did the install; lock and unlock work fine; but when I try to remote start it clicks 7 times. Is this something on the wiring or do I need to program remote start, if so, how?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2015 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Program Menu 3 Feature 1 Option 2 Automatic
Menu 3 Feature 2 Option 4 Tach.
Do tach learn.
All on reverse of the wiring page you were showing.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic