the12volt.com spacer
icon

Can I use Xk01 convenience with XK06 bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arlind86 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2015 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote arlind86
Hi Everyone,
I installed a R/S on a 07 Cobalt.
I knew i needed a bypass and wanted to do all the doors as well.
Well I ordered the wrong kit. I got the xk01 which does the doors, trunk and alarm only. No bypass.
I got everything working BUT now the car starts via R/S and dies after couple seconds..even with the key inserted but not turned to ignition.
I later found out the XK01 does not do key bypass.
I can get either a XK09 which has all the extra features but is more expensive or the XK06 which only does a bypass.
I am wondering if I can save some buying and using the XK06 and hook it up with the XK01 I purchased (i can't return it i cut some of the wires) so that I can keep the car running and have the doors, trunk and alarm/disarm features.
Thank you in advance everyone.
Info:
2007 Cobalt LT (no start wire on this model)
R/S is Avital 4103,
Xk01 already purchased
I have an xkloader2 to flash the units,
2 extra D2D cables
arlind86 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2015 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote arlind86
Anybody?
Is it possible to connect two modules together with a remote starter?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2015 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Yes.  The Avital only has one D2D port.  If you are already using it for the XK01 and the control of the convenience features, that's fine.  The XK06 w/PKG7 firmware can still be used for the bypass function.  It will be hard wired ( W2W mode ) as shown in the diagram, D2D isn't mandatory.

Specifically, the XK06's Red, Black and Brown wires will be connected to the necessary points shown.  The XK01's Brown is not needed in D2D mode, so the 4103's Dark Blue (-) Status Output is available for the XK06 to use.  ( If you aren't using the 4103's Blue/White 2nd Status wire for the Defroster function, it is also available for the XK06.)

Soldering is fun!
arlind86 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2015 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote arlind86
kreg357 wrote:

Yes.  The Avital only has one D2D port.  If you are already using it for the XK01 and the control of the convenience features, that's fine.  The XK06 w/PKG7 firmware can still be used for the bypass function.  It will be hard wired ( W2W mode ) as shown in the diagram, D2D isn't mandatory.

Specifically, the XK06's Red, Black and Brown wires will be connected to the necessary points shown.  The XK01's Brown is not needed in D2D mode, so the 4103's Dark Blue (-) Status Output is available for the XK06 to use.  ( If you aren't using the 4103's Blue/White 2nd Status wire for the Defroster function, it is also available for the XK06.)

Thank You for your response. I ordered the XK06 and connected it accordingly to the steering shroud but now I am having another issue. Unlike before where the car would not stay running (before using XK06), now the car starts but I can not turn it off.
Once started with the 4103, I can't shut the car off. I press the brake pedal and I can hear the r/s unit click but the car still stays running. I connected the hood pin switch and touched ground in hopes that it would turn off the car but nothing.
Here is what's worse...I can't even shut off the car with the key.
I turn the key on and off, press brake pedal and the car still stays running.
After some
I can only shut it off if I unplug the XK06.
After some troubleshooting, I cut the red cable from the xk06 (connects to a wire through the car) I was able to turn off the car with the brake pedal, ign key and hood pin.
The problem is that if this cable is disconnected, the car won't start via R/S. If I connect the cable it starts but than i would have to disconnect the cable to shut down the car accordingly.
I am thinking if I connect this wire with the Start heavy gauge wire. It will power the red wire at startup then cut off power right after which would then allow me to shut down the car.
Ps. I tried to connect xk01 via D2D and XK06 W2W but the modules were not able to work at the same time. I could either get the convenience features to work with the xk01, or lose the features and keep the car running. If I programmed the xk01, the xk06 would lose it's program and vice versa. My take is that both units have to connect to the same data wire eventhough xk01 is connected to the OBD2 wire, and Xk06 is connected to data wire at the steering shroud.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic