the12volt.com spacer
icon

2002 explorer 4806v dball2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sorcutt13 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2015 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sorcutt13
I'm installing a Viper 4806v remote start using the dball2 module d2d. Does anyone know of a vehicle specific wiring diagram for the 4806v remote start? I'm installing it on a 2002 explorer eddie bauer with factory alarm. Any help would be appreciated.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2015 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Go to Xpresskit or Directechs, enter year, make and model, it will give you a number of options including DB-ALL 2, click on installation guide.
sorcutt13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2015 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sorcutt13
They don't list the 4806v remote start. They list the 3903v and 4x10/5x10. Is there another product that is compatible?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2015 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Look for DB-ALL2! The diagram applicable to your year and model will show a generic remote start for any of the 4/5X04/6 models.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2015 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Some info to get you starter. Link to a wiring GUIDE. Test and verify all wires with a DMM for the function, Constant 12 volt, Starter, ect
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx
Your heavy gauge harness:
Red, RED / Black, and the Red from the 6 pin main harness go to 12 Volts constant (YELLOW+)
Violet to (RED+)
Pink to (RED / Light Green+)
Orange to (GREEN/ Light Green+)
Black from the 6 pin harness and the BLACK/ White, pin 13, from the AUX harness to a good chassis ground.
Brown, pin 20, from the AUX harness to (Light Green+) or (Tan/Black+)at brake pedal switch.
Gray to hood pin installed by you. Came with the remote starter kit.
All solid lines listed on the DBALL instructions are hard wire connections.
Some functions of the DBALL in D2D mode may not work.
Do a search on this site for your year make and model for other info on this vehicle.
Plan on a whole weekend for this project if you have never done one of these. They are time consuming and not a quick plug and start.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
sorcutt13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2015 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sorcutt13
Thank you for your reply. Why do I need to hook up the RED / black and red wires from the heavy 8 wire harness?
I'm also also a little concerned about wiring 55 amps fused total to a 30 amp circuit.
I have all the vehicle repair manuals and wiring diagrams. I'm planning on a whole day install. This is my first remote start, but I'm familiar with up-fitting vehicles.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2015 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
If you don't wire them up it wont start.
It wont draw more than 30 amps at any time.
sorcutt13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2015 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sorcutt13
Thank you, that's what I was thinking. Does anyone know if the factory alarm has to be re-armed if the remote start times out?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2015 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Red, RED / White, and RED / Black...voltage into the Viper
Pink, Violet, Orange, (Pink/White if needed)...voltage out from Viper to vehicle circuits, properly connected.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic