the12volt.com spacer
icon

do I need anything special to bridge 2 subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shekey16 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2015 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shekey16
I am planning on bridging 2 15 inch subs onto one amp and I was just wondering if I needed anything other than the basics to do that. For instance, do I need extra wiring kits, wires, a certain amp, etc.
te5la 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2015 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote te5la
shekey16 wrote:
I am planning on bridging 2 15 inch subs onto one amp and I was just wondering if I needed anything other than the basics to do that. For instance, do I need extra wiring kits, wires, a certain amp, etc.
Not with any modern amp. It's just a difference in how the wires connect. In some old school amps, you needed bridging modules, but this isn't done anymore.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 20, 2015 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
What is the impedance of the 15s? Single or dual voice coil? What kind of 2 channel amp is it?
shekey16 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2015 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shekey16
4 ohms, dual voice coil, 2000 watt class A/B monoblock, 2 15 inch oxygen audio subs 700w RMS each
thanks again!
i am an idiot 
Posted: November 23, 2015 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Wire the voice coils of the subs in series to make each an 8 ohm driver then parallel the 2 drivers at the bridge terminals of the amp for a 4 ohm mono load.
i am an idiot 
Posted: November 23, 2015 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic