the12volt.com spacer
icon

1995 Chevy P/U Parking Lights, Avital 4103

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toyvet1 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2015 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote toyvet1
I'm installing a Avital 4103 in a 1995 C1500. Everything works but the parking light. I have the jumper on the two right post for 12v to the parking lights. I'm stumped, what am I missing?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2015 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Are you looking at the jumper from the top or bottom?  On the 4103 I have in my hands, the jumper is on the inner side next to the red 4 pin D2D port for (+) Parking Light output.  There should be polarity symbols molded into the black plastic body on the bottom of the module.  Might need a flashlight and magnifying glass to see it...

Soldering is fun!
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2015 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
If you have the jumper set for +12V light flash, you will hear the internal 4103 relay clicking. It's very pronounced. If you don't hear the relay, change the jumper, and listen for the click again. Be sure the tail lights are OFF while you're doing this test, so you don't feed the (-) trigger with 12V(+). Even safer, pull the fuse in the white wire.
toyvet1 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2015 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote toyvet1
Ive tried it with the jumper both ways and do t hear any relay. I'll look for the symbols molded in and try it with fuse removed.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2015 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

here is a photo :

1995 Chevy P/U Parking Lights, Avital 4103 -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
toyvet1 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2015 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote toyvet1
I have the jumpers like the photo. Still nothing. I hear a relay but isn't there more than one relay? Everything else works great.
kreg357 
Posted: November 22, 2015 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

There are 5 relays inside the brain.  First check the 10 Amp fuse with a DMM.  Then put the meter on the White Parking Light output wire to see if you get one +12V pulse with lock and two pulses with unlock. 

You are connected to the Brown wire at the headlight switch that you verified with the DMM?

Soldering is fun!
toyvet1 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2015 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote toyvet1
So am I to understand that the lights should blink when you use the remote lock/unlock?
I've check that the fuse is good, and when the be truck is started no power at either side of fuse.
kreg357 
Posted: November 23, 2015 at 3:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Yes, the Avital 4103 should flash the Parking Lights with the Lock ( 1x ) or Unlock ( 2x ) command.  The White Parking Light wire with the 10 Amp fuse is an output and will only have the Parking Light signal at certain times.  The only options are the little jumper on the side of the brain for polarity control and a programming option for constant or flashing output during remote start run time.  Factory default is constant.

"I've check that the fuse is good, and when the be truck is started no power at either side of fuse."  If that is "remote started", then yes, with the jumper in the (+) position, you should see +12V on the White wire, both sides of the 10 Amp fuse.

Soldering is fun!
toyvet1 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2015 at 3:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote toyvet1
Do the parking light come on when the vehicle is started or just flash with door locks. Every other vehicle I've had has had parking lights to confirm the vichile has started and is running.
I'll recheck everything after work ..
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic