the12volt.com spacer
icon

67 camaro, Compustar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2015 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I have no idea about the door pin your comments are somewhat vague to say the least, just do what I said in each instance then no problems.
Custom_Jim 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2015 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Custom_Jim
I'll throw this out but maybe think about registering and introducing yourself at http://www.camaros.net/forums/ as this site deals more directly with the Camaro body style. Not that this forum should not be used but it may give you some more added info for things like adding the extra interior lights which on some Camaro's were standard or optional. I've read threads on that site and you are not the only one wanting to add underdash lights and I have seen them show where to tie into the wiring and with the proper parts, it's pretty much a plug and play upgrade.
Touching on adding a trunk pin switch is you may want to place it inside of the weatherstrip channel to keep it more protected. Since the first generation Camaro trunk opening does not easily lend itself to have a pin switch added, you may have to make a custom bracket and have it resting against the trunk hinge or maybe think about a magnetic type of switch.
Jim
1968 Chevy II Nova Garage Find 2012
1973 Nova Custom
1974 Spirit of America Nova
1973 Nova Pro-Street
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2015 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Thanks Jim, those beasts are rare as rocking horse you know what this side of the pond, I'm suggesting proper practice but our friend doesn't appear able to follow, I wouldn't mind betting some are even pre-wired for floor/puddle lights.
Custom_Jim 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2015 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Custom_Jim
howie ll wrote:
Thanks Jim, those beasts are rare as rocking horse you know what this side of the pond, I'm suggesting proper practice but our friend doesn't appear able to follow, I wouldn't mind betting some are even pre-wired for floor/puddle lights.
On the first generation Camaro they had all kinds of options and if you got the right parts you could add different options like the underdash lights, an underhood light, a trunk light, and so on and GM designed these things to where they didn't have a mechanic cutting into a wire to make a connection but designed it to where it was easily added. For instance the trunk light, in the trunk there is a two wire plug that when disconnected, allowed another plug to be put in there and then it gave you a single hot wire out of it that you ran to the trunk light itself. The trunk light was designed with a mercury switch in it.
Off the subject here but the other side of the pond seems to be getting more of the these types of cars from the US. I had a buddy of mine a few years ago that was selling his 55 Chevy and a person from the other side of the pond bought it and this car will probably never come back to the states.
Jim
1968 Chevy II Nova Garage Find 2012
1973 Nova Custom
1974 Spirit of America Nova
1973 Nova Pro-Street
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2015 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Funnily enough classics yes there were quite a few first gen Shelby, Camaro and Firebirds. I've even done an immobiliser on a Belaire and yes it WAS blue and white!
Nowadays nearly everything is the same, GM with Vauxhall/Opel and Ford all the same, Fusion = Mondeo etc.
Fiat tried to import some US Chrysler here but apart from the PT Cruiser and the Voyager the rest were a POS and never sold, they only import the Liberty and the Grand Cherokee now.
Let's be honest the only Fiat product that sells outside of Italy is the 500 and that's a POS compared to the Mini. (AKA 2 Series BMW).
tekin 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2015 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tekin
hey guys I am following you guys but the thing is built a bracket and the trunk pin is working so I just wanted to tap that wire for the trunk light and as for the interior floor lights I tapped that wire also and I only have ground there when the door is closed. that is what I was trying to tell you
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2015 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Good Lord I've already told you how to do it, not repeating myself.
tekin 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2015 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tekin
I got it bro I only responded cause you guys where going on about my lack of details
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic