the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper alarm disarms but doesn't unlock.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
miscellaneous 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2015 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote miscellaneous
Alright guys I have a viper 5204v alarm. Hooked it up to my 1993 honda accord. Everything works besides unlocking the door with remote and inside car switch unless I disconnect the blue unlock wire and then my switch unlock works. As soon as I hook that wire back up my doors unlock. Seems like that blue wire is sending constant powrr. Any ideas
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2015 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
What color wires did you use for lock and unlock in the car ? Bulldog's website states that lock is Back/White and unlock is BLACK/ Red found low in the Drivers kick panel.
triniforever
miscellaneous 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2015 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote miscellaneous
I have the lock/unlock wires hooked to the two wires at the driver kick panel under the carpet. It has a gray pigtail on it. I've got the wiring diagram and everything I need just don't understand what is up with that blue unlock wire running from the brain. After doing some testing the two wires on my car that are lock and unlock are ground I'm assuming. I hooked a volt meter to the green lock wire to alarm brain and it shows 0.00 and when I hit the lock button on the alarm remote I get a -0.25 and drops back to 0.00. The blue unlock wire that runs from the alarm brain shows a -0.00 and fluctuates to -0.01 and once I hit the unlock button on the alarm remote it goes to -0.500ish and drops back to -0.00 and fluctuates to -0.01. Seems like the unlock wire has a constant ground signal so do you think it's the brain?
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2015 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
miscellaneous wrote:
Seems like the unlock wire has a constant ground signal.
Check that you have the 3-pin lock harness in the correct port. The lock harness port is on the long side with all the other connections.
The lock harness will also fit right into the Bitwriter port which is on the end. You will get some crazy lock action if the blue/green lock wires are in the wrong port.
Ask me how I know. At least the second time I did it, I recognized the crazy action and corrected it without any fanfare.
I never make the same mistake twice. I make new ones every day. :grin:
miscellaneous 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2015 at 6:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote miscellaneous
I have the lock harness in the correct port which is next to the H2 24pin harness. I even TRIED putting the lock harness in the bit writer port to see if the manual was backwards or something and it was definitely a no go. The green lock wire works fine. It sends it signal on command but the blue unlock wire is stuck showing some current. Anywho it is remanufactured so that's probably the problem and I have contacted the ebay seller and they told me to send in that brain and they'll send me out another one. I'll send an update once I get the new one and see what happens.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic