the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Ford Focus MT hatch RS no locks w/ign

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shark mobile 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2015 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shark mobile
Okay I have hit a road block, and tech support both DIrected and ADS have no idea...I'm installing an Autostart 1774SR with an ALCA...standard wiring clutch bypass and most of the conveniences are covered by data. With that said the issue is simple...when the vehicles ignition is on the remote start doesnt operate the door locks...so I've done the usual...checked my wiring had one of my guys check my wiring...looks good (it's not a difficult install...right!). Changed out the bypass reprogrammed and the same thing. Changed out the brain and yep you guessed it still the same.
So for fun I decide to see if it will start in automatic mode...this was just to verify if my wiring is indeed correct...and IT STARTS! But that's no good cause it's a manual transmission and set to automatic mode it's likely to kill someone if left in gear...so back to square one. Then I think I'll be crafty and break out a relay and follow the tech doc to do the door locks through the RS and forget about all this crazy data business...and the whole time I'm thinking I'm so smart...just eliminate the middle man being the Alca and just go old school...well the locks worked...when the ignition was off...back to square one.
I have a great power supply and doubled up my grounds just for fun and without the locks the RS can't be armed and...I have no idea what's the cause of this and if you've had this happen please let me know...arrggg!! Thanks in advance :)
Solder, tape, repeat!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2015 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Silly suggestion but maybe worth a try, grab a DB-ALL 2 and flash it Euro software for the vehicle. I've done the same with Viper plus DB-ALL2 on a similar car here in the UK and it works fine.
shark mobile 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2015 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shark mobile
Thanks Howie and I think you're right it's probably better to try a dball...I checked out the install and it's very different but it's certainly worth a shot...some days man I tell ya...it's out busy season here and my shop is going nuts...and the last thing I need is a car like this messing up my schedule...ugh! Thanks again
Solder, tape, repeat!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2015 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Let me know! BTW I had an 09 Focus with 2010 electrics, we've had 4 different models in Europe compared to North America, from GEM to CEM and two different CAN systems. Mine had PTS and prox keys. It took me ages to get the locks working properly until I discovered I couldn't approach the vehicle with the prox key in my pocket!
shark mobile 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2015 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shark mobile
I'll let you know for sure Howie! The car industry is trying to make us crazy I'm pretty sure...cheers
Solder, tape, repeat!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic