the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Honda Civic SIR EP3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jelo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2015 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jelo
Hi All,
I just have a couple questions regarding wiring my car for remote start (no aftermarket alarm).
Vehicle: 2003 Honda Civic SIR (EP3), MANAUL TRANSMISSION ONLY
Remote starter: Viper 4204V (2-way)
Bypass module: DEI PKH34 for Honda/Acura (plan on using D2D)
This isn't my first time installing a remote starter in a vehicle, but I have never done an install involving one with a transponder. I've also only installed Compustar models and am familiar with the clutch switch bypass with those, but not with the Viper. There is also a dome light feature that comes on when you take the key out after driving, or before you enter when you unlock the car. The things I want to do are simple: remote start, keyless entry, maintain factory alarm and not have to use aftermarket remote+factory remote (I just want to use one)
I've been reading other threads regarding install on other generation civics, but this one was an automatic so I became a little confused with wiring:
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/i-c-e-electrical-security-navigation/477177-diy-alarm-remote-start-8th-civic.html
Will the PKH34 be enough to complete the needed tasks?
Why is there a need for an "Accessory 2 wire?"
Siren output in the above thread is listed as a HORN output in the main harness on the 4204V?
Do I connect the parking light wire (white from 6 pin harness) to the headlight switch or the factory alarm unit?
Why do I need all these flex relay inputs on the remote start (8 pin) connector?
Do I really need to cut the starter wire in the brown ignition harness? What wires do I connect to the newly cut ends?
On the PKH34:
It shows to cut the wire between the security light circuit? (flashing green light I assume)
What do I connect the brown wire (ground while running) to ?
Violet (data) wire, is that the wire that uses the transponder info?
On the previous compustars I've installed, the clutch switch bypass was easily performed by testing 12v or ground when DEPRESSED, and I hooked up either the starter wire or the starter negative output to the wire, respectively. Is the clutch bypass on a manual any different?
I'm sure I have many other questions but I'm trying to keep the wiring and install as clean as possible.
Thanks in advance!
jelo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2015 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jelo
Also forgot to mention:
whats the purpose of this neutral safety switch included with the unit? Do I need it if I drive a car with a stick shift?
Do I need the harness for door lock port?
How long is the run time of a remote start?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic