the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 cobalt no start issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
edmontonrider 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2015 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote edmontonrider
2006 cobalt 4dr auto
viper remote 2waystart keyless entry 2 way
idata ALca wired as per idata instructin sheet.
car will not start with key or remote
where did i go wrong
Terry
Terry
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2015 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prdjr165
will it crank and not start or not crank at all ?any security light on ?
edmontonrider 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2015 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote edmontonrider
security light is on steady and it will not crank.
removed the starter and bypass still the same is security light on and will not crank
thanks
Terry
Terry
prdjr165 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2015 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prdjr165
PK3 TAMPEr MODE SYMPTOMS
The vehicle doesn’t start and the info center indicates a PK3+ failure.
• To exit PK3+ Tamper Mode, repair the failure in question.
• Close all vehicle doors
• Wait at least 3 minutes.
• Then start the vehicle using a valid key.
• The vehicle should start.
• If the vehicle refuses to start, unplug the vehicle battery for 30 seconds, then reconnect the battery and start the vehicle again. If the circuitry is properly
connected and a valid key is used, the vehicle will start.
prdjr165 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2015 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prdjr165
try this to....• To exit Passlock Tamper Mode, repair the failure in question.
• During the following steps, make sure the battery is fully charged (it is recommend to apply e-brake to turn off DTRL on Canadian vehicles).
• Turn the vehicle ignition ON, move the key to the START position and bring it back to the ON position before the car started.
• Leave the key to the ON position. The security indicator will start blinking.
• After 10 minutes, the security indicator will stop blinking, turn ON solid, then turn OFF.
• Turn the vehicle ignition to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and then attempt to start the vehicle.
• If the vehicle starts, wait for the security indicator to turn OFF before you turn off the engine. If the vehicle fails to start, keep the ignition ON, you are in
“BAD” Tamper mode and may have to repeat the entire sequence up to 3 times which may take over 30 minutes. There’s no solution to get the vehicle out of
Tamper Mode faster then waiting the required delays in each cycles.
edmontonrider 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2015 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote edmontonrider
tried the reset to get out of tamper mode like you described the security light never flasher at all just stayed on. I have disconnected the battery and put a charger on the car and will try this again tomorrow.I also removed the remote starter system thinking it may be causing the issue but the problem is still there. Hope I did not fry a computer of something.
Thanks for your assistance with my issue
Terry
Terry
edmontonrider 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2015 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote edmontonrider
Tried the reset and still have the same issue what would my next step be?
Terry
Terry
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2015 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Did you un-do the cut +12V wire at the PassKey3 connector when you removed the R/S and bypass module?
Soldering is fun!
edmontonrider 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2015 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote edmontonrider
yes I put all the wires back the way they where before the install. could I have damaged the bcm?
Terry
edmontonrider 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2015 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote edmontonrider
can a person put a used bcm in or do;s it have to be programed by gm for the car
Can a person put a used bcm in or will it need to be programmed by gm for the car based on VIN# ?
Terry
Terry
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic