the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Hummer H2,FLDL1, CA5054 Ground while runnin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
figureitout 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2015 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote figureitout
I have searched some other posts regarding this and tried each solution, hoping for a little help. Module is programmed correctly and tach is learned. Ive triple checked all my soldered connections.
What's happening is that the engine cranks for less than half a second and cuts out, then retries with same result. Same result with key in ignition, same result with key removed and module disconnected from RS. If I key start, i am able to put it into RS and remove the key, the engine will continue to run.
Connections are as follows, as given by the install guide:
Orange to pin 2 on OBD2
Pink to ignition
Data wire to RS
RS connections so far are just ignition switch connections and and ground.
Any help is very much appreciated
figureitout 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2015 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote figureitout
I forgot to mention, the module's green light stays off remote start, indicating "invalid ground when running status from remote start" which I thought should be taken care of by the data cable.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2015 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

After flashing the FLDL1 with the DL GM1 firmware and prior to programming the FLDL1 to the H2, did you set the Installation Mode to Data ( 1 blink ) and lock it in?

Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic