the12volt.com spacer
icon

06 Odyssey Viper 5204 -PKALL Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
topraveenpaul 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2015 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topraveenpaul
Dear Techies,
I'm planning to install Viper 5204 with xpress kit PKALL module.
Planning to hook this up in D2D mode.
As per the Pkall wiring diagram, I see only 4 wires need to be connected to the Car.
1. Xpresss Kit PKAL (Connector 2) --PURPLE / White ----Carries Data to Red wire from the ignition barrel.
2. PKALL(Connector 2) - Pink ---Ignition to BLACK / YELLOW to Ignition barrel.
3. From PKALL(connector 3) two wires (Lightgreen,ORANGE / Brown) -- connect to the security Light wire(Blue/Orange) from Ignition Barrel.
From PKALL to Viper,
1. the D2D connector between Viper 5204 and PKALL.
2. PKALL Blue/White(Connetctor 2) to Viper ( stat- output).
So now my question is :
1) As Im using D2D, do I still need connections from Viper 5204 remote starter to Car?   
2) If yes, What all wires that would need to connect from Remote starter to Car directly?
06 Odyssey Viper 5204 -PKALL Remote Start -- posted image.
Also, there are multiple harnesses shown in the 5204 installation manual and I believe that most of them may not be required.
I already have a factory alarm system in my car and I just need to incorporate the remote starter functionality to work with my OEM alarm. I do not want any of the functionalities to be disturbed because of this integration.
3) Is this possible? Do I need a different bypass module instead of PKALL?
4) As Im wiring as D2D, will the integration be possible with the OEM alarm?
topraveenpaul 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2015 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topraveenpaul
2006 Honda Odyssey
Viper 5204 Security Remote start
Xpresskit PKALL
topraveenpaul 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2015 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topraveenpaul
Hi ,
I have also attached the Viper 5204 Harness details for your reference.06 Odyssey Viper 5204 -PKALL Remote Start -- posted image.
Thanks in advance.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2015 at 6:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The PK-ALL install guide only shows the wires necessary for the transponder bypass part of the install, which it handles.  You will still need to connect many wires from the 5204 to the minivan.  Here is a link to Bulldog Security for vehicle specific info :  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx
Soldering is fun!
topraveenpaul 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2015 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topraveenpaul
Thank you kreg357. Your response clarified my primary doubt.
Now I need to figure out what all wires are required to be connected from Viper to Car.
In the bulldogsecurity website wiring diagram, it is mentioned that DBALL support remote start and doorlock whereas PKALL is only for remote start. So i assume that if I use PKALL, my OEM door look/unlock will not be functional anymore.
Can any one suggest a buypass module (PKALL,DBALL,idatalink, Flashlogic etc.) that is compatible with Viper5204 and Honday Ody 2006?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2015 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Not really.  With the PK-ALL handling the transponder bypass, everything else could be hardwired.  The Viper should

not disable the Factory Alarm but the door locks will not work while the engine is running.  This is normal for Honda's
with or without any aftermarket add-ons

I'm not a DEI user, but if you are looking for DBI D2D easy, you could try to get a DB-ALL2 flashed with the HONDA4

firmware.  The latest version is v3.06.  This will give you power locks & sliding door control and interface with the Factory
Alarm system.  The only issue with D2D is that all the door, trunk and hood status signals will be transferred to the Viper
and it's alarm system will be active also.  Going W2W will allow you to select what signals are seen by the Viper ( hood
only for the R/S safety ), etc.

Soldering is fun!
topraveenpaul 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2015 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topraveenpaul
Thank you Kreg. I just got a DBALL2 flashed from a local installer.
I have the following wires to be hooked up to the car.
(+) 12v
Parking lights
(+) Start
(+) Accessory 1
(+) Accessory 2
From the above 5204 Harness details, Is the below mapping correct?
1) R/S H3/1 - Pink - to Ignition Harness (Brown connector/ Which Pin?)
2) Which is the Viper Harness/Wire for Accessory 1 and 2 ?
Is it H3/3 and H3/7 ? If yes, where can it be connected to in the Ignition connector?
3) Starter -- Is it the H2/18 or H3/4 or H3/5 .
The right wire to be connected to Ignitions switch Pin1. BLACK/ White wire. correct?
4) Parkinglights - Is it H1/4 or H1/5 of Main viper Harness? where can that be connected to in the car?
06 Odyssey Viper 5204 -PKALL Remote Start -- posted image.
topraveenpaul 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2015 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topraveenpaul
Regarding Starter wire, this is what the manual says.
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)
Does it mean that I would need to use both the wires? If yes,
Should I cut the BLACK/ White wire from Ignition Harness(Brown connector) and connect h3/4 and H3/5 to both the ends?
What confusing me is, the above connection diagram shows just one direct connection (+Start) from Remote start to the vehicle.
topraveenpaul 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2015 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topraveenpaul
Just to add one more clarification regarding the Accessory 1 and 2.
For accessory, In addition to H3/3, I also see another thin orange wire in the H2 harness pin 22.
H2/22 ORANGE (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT.
So, Can I use, the Orange wire (H3/3) from H3 as Accessory 1 and   the thin orange H2/22 (H2/2) as Accessory 2 that connects to Ignition Switch connector BLACK/ red(pin 4) and WHITE/ Red(Pin 5) respectively?
kreg357 
Posted: December 26, 2015 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
H3/2, H3/6, H3/9       +12V constant              white +  ignition harness         
H3/4    car side          Starter BLACK/ white     +  ignition harness    cut this wire
H3/5    switch side     Starter BLACK/ white     +  ignition harness    cut this wire
H3/1 Ignition   BLACK / YELLOW   +  ignition harness   
H3/3 Accessory        BLACK/ red        +  ignition harness   
H3/7   program Viper            2nd Accessory              WHITE/ red        +  ignition harness      Menu 3, Feature 8, Opt 2
Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic