the12volt.com spacer
icon

06 Odyssey Viper 5204 -PKALL Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
topraveenpaul 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2016 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topraveenpaul
The remote start is not disabled when the hood is open. The hood open signal is not passed on through the D2D. So I would need a hood pin switch. Right?
Instead of fishing wire through the firewall and install a hood pin switch, Is there a way can I use the factory hood pin switch wires? If yes, are those available anywhere in the drive side fuse panel or around?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2016 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

You have a few options.

1.  Try making a physical wire connection between the DB-ALL2 Red plug Pin 12 Hood Status Output and the Viper's

hood pin input at H2/17.

2.  Connect the Vipers H2/17 Hood Pin Input wire to this wire under the hood :

Hood Pin  yellow/red to GREEN/ black (-)     @ factory hood pin switch under hood

3.  Connect the Vipers H2/17 Hood Pin Input wire to the kit supplied and installed hood pin switch.

Soldering is fun!
topraveenpaul 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2016 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topraveenpaul
Kreg,
I tried the option 1 and it did not work. Assuming that D2D doesn't have that hood open information.
Will try other options too and update you on the results.
It's pretty cold today at my place (Hicksville, NY). So I may try this tomorrow.
topraveenpaul 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2016 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topraveenpaul
Kreg,
If i lock the car using any remote(factory remote or viper remote) and if i open the door, the alarm triggers and only the siren sounds. Means, if the do not connect the siren, there is no audible indication when someone opens the door. I was expecting the OEM system would still work as it is and the horn will sound.
Is there a way can i get the horn sound instead of siren or along with siren?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2016 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

I'm not a DEI user and have never tried a DB-ALL2, but I would think that the Factory Alarm system should remain operational.  It does with the Honda's I've done with iDatalink modules.  On some of the newer Honda's you even have to do an "Unlock before and re-lock after" to prevent a remote start from setting off the Factory alarm.  I guess the main question is : Are you sure your Odyssey has the Factory Alarm system?  The fact that the DB-ALL2 is not supplying the Hood Status signal is a pointer that it doesn't.  Here is a note from the DB-All2 install guide concerning the Hood Status output:

** This feature is only supported if the vehicle is equipped with an OEM alarm

Soldering is fun!
topraveenpaul 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2016 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topraveenpaul
Thanks again Kreg. I believe I have the factory alarm installed. because sometime back, I had locked the car and the horn repeatedly sounded when I opened opened the door manually. Mine is 2006 Honda Odyssey EXL and the below specs shows it has a security system.
http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2006/Odyssey/specs#mid^RL3876JW
topraveenpaul 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2016 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topraveenpaul
Hey Kreg,
Just an update on the hood status. Now the D2D provides the hood status. The actual issue was in the connector at the hood switch. It was not plugged in tight. I think I should have verified this before running wire from the unit till the switch.
Thanks for all your inputs.
topraveenpaul 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2016 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topraveenpaul
Kreg,
Where do you normally place the alarm brain in a 2006 Odyssey? Pardon me if this is a dump question. But I would like to know where every usually fix the brain. Although I completed installation, I have not fixed it to a permanent location.
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2016 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
I've never done an odyssey, but since you've finished the wiring, your options are limited to your wire length. Isn't there a thick wiring harness up under the dash you can zip tie it to?
topraveenpaul 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2016 at 6:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topraveenpaul
Yes, there is a thick wire bunch that goes to the steering column. But i don't have enough space there to tie that to?
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic