the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 silverado horn relay input wire location

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chiefgeek 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2015 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chiefgeek
Can someone point me to the location of the horn relay trigger wire for 2003 silverado?
I added a secondary horn with a relay and tapped into the green wire at the existing horn to trigger the relay, problem is that when you lock the via keyless remote twice you don't hear the horn at all. I assume it is because I am going through 2 relays and the circuit is not live long enough to trigger both relays.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2015 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
Thin black at steering column or BCM. http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/repairguide/repairGuideContent.jsp?pageId=0996b43f8025edab
chiefgeek 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2015 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chiefgeek
Ween wrote:
Thin black at steering column or BCM. http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/repairguide/repairGuideContent.jsp?pageId=0996b43f8025edab
Thanks, I didn't make it very clear, but I was hoping to find it under the hood so I don't have to run a wire through firewall.
Ween 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2015 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
Well then, at the fuse box under the hood. Connector C1, position C3, might even have the two thin black wires as the schematic shows. Should be able to determine the pinout of the horn relay in the fusebox with a multimeter, then continuity of that terminal to the underside of the fusebox. Or just probe the terminals with a thin black wire(s) that show 12 volts that then go to ground with the horn operated.
chiefgeek 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2015 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chiefgeek
Ween wrote:
Well then, at the fuse box under the hood. Connector C1, position C3, might even have the two thin black wires as the schematic shows. Should be able to determine the pinout of the horn relay in the fusebox with a multimeter, then continuity of that terminal to the underside of the fusebox. Or just probe the terminals with a thin black wire(s) that show 12 volts that then go to ground with the horn operated.
I swung the fuse box up and probed under relay and fuse and got totally confused seems like the wire directly beneath the fuse and relay are not actually connected to the fuse and relay. Is that even possible?
Ween 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2015 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
yes
chiefgeek 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2015 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chiefgeek
How do I find position c3?
All I have to go on is this image
2003 silverado horn relay input wire location -- posted image.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic