the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 Impala Remote Start ACC2 issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frankblack83 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2015 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frankblack83
Hey, first post. First off thanks for all the help so far. I've actually been lurking this site for the past 2 weeks wiring my remote start, you guys have been uber helpful, even if you didn't know it lol.
Anyway, I am having a problem getting my car to crank via remote start. I am using Easycar EP400. I believe my problem is the ACC2 as most notes have said it needs to be powered as an accessory to crank. I've tried multiple wiring configurations but I can't seem to find the problem. I think i may be wiring the SPDT relay wrong. I've been doing multiple searches but I can't seem to find a solution dealing with my specific issue. Here's the wiring diagram for the remote start module:
http://nebula.wsimg.com/d9b90d12ca9c56ebecd06c7a89b101bb?AccessKeyId=D9640ABD7ED93180620E&disposition=0&alloworigin=1
If anybody can please help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2016 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Not familiar with the vehicle but here are your two options:-
Does the vehicle have 2 ignition wires?
If not use second ignition output to the second vehicle ACC wire.
Can your remote start be programmed to make the second ignition an ACC.
If the above isn't applicable, from your blue ACC tap another wire and in series place a 3 amp diode band away from RS.
Use a standard automotive Bosch/Tycho cube style relay.
Take this wire to relay 86.
Ground to 85
12V+ constant, fused 30amps to relay 87
Cut second ignition, key side to 87a
Relay 30 to second ACC wire, ACC side.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2016 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Just took another look, I wouldn't expect too much from this brand, not recommended by any pros, cheap and nasty.
It uses an alt signal as the tach sensor, a real no-no and a sure sign of a poor product.
frankblack83 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2016 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frankblack83
Thanks, I'll try the suggestions first and if all else fails I'll pick up another system. Thing is, I've got everything else working other than the push start so I'm sure I can get this working if I get the relay right.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic