the12volt.com spacer
icon

Relay switch to turn-on parking lights w/ remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eric arevalo 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2016 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eric arevalo
Hi guys,
I'm new in the forum and I need help with a project with relays. I have a 2001 BMW 530 E39 body style with OEM secury alarm. I want to create a switch circuit with relays that when I unlock the car with the key remote it will turn on the courtesy lights or parking lights and when I open the door the light will turn off. Please let me know if this possible and your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Eric
Thank you.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2016 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
1) When you unlock door with the key or OEM remote it should automatically do that so you have a problem before you even start.
2)Use the unlock wire, WHITE/ black* (-) in driver door switch to trigger a timer relay DEI 528t or similar to the parking lights, note look in vehicle wiring on this site for how to do it.
You'll need another relay linked to RED / blue (+) at the floor light to then close off the circuit when you open the door. Frankly I think you're wasting your time.
* Might also be at factory alarm.
eric arevalo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2016 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eric arevalo
Thank you howie for this valuable information and your prompt response. Factory alarm is working just fine, when I unlock the car the parking lights flash and the interior lights turn on for about 15 seconds. I want a separate circuit in this case a 12V output to turn on my angel lights. I guess the DEI 528t timer relay would work as well and in fact I think would better just in case I unlock the car and never open the door. My 2012 BMW X5 does that, when I unlock the car the angel lights and parking lights don't flash but turn on and turn off when I open the door. Would you please help me with other relay linked to RED / blue(+), maybe a diagram how to wire the relay to close off the circuit when I open the door. Thank you again for the information.
Regards,
Thank you.
eric arevalo 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2016 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eric arevalo
Project finished. Thank you howie for suggeting the 528T timer relay. My 01 BMW 530i car lock/unlock is grounded at rest and switch to positive when activating the switches. For positive pulse trigger the blue wire needs to be cut. My 528t relay came by default with 27 seconds that can be easisy adjusted between 1-90 seconds.
RED+YELLOW = +12V BATTERY(don't forget the fuse here)
BLACK/ WHITE = INPUT WIRE.FOR +12V PULSE TRIGGER WIRE
BLACK = GROUND
BROWN = OUTPUT TO LIGHT
ORANGE(NC) = NOT USED.
OR - THE SAME AS ABOVE.
RED+BROWN = +12V BATTERY
BLACK = GROUND
BLACK/ WHITE = INPUT WIRE. FOR +12V PULSE TRIGGER WIRE
YELLOW = OUTPUT TO LIGHT
ORANGE(NC) = NO USED.
Thank you.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic