the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 Toyota Tundra wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toyotamike 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote toyotamike
I just installed a backup camera on my 2010 Toyota Tundra and I am on the final step of wiring everything to the vehicle. I have attached the black ground wire without any problems. I am left with the red wire that goes to a 12 volt power source and the blue wire to the reverse trigger. Is it acceptable to pull the fuse out and slide the end of the stripped wire into the fuse slot and push the fuse right back in over the wire? If so, how do I pull the fuse out? I have tried multiple things and it will not come out. Can I try attaching the red and blue wires elsewhere? Thanks for your help.
Mike from Maryland
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Wiring Guide:
http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp?action=select&yr=24809&product=Remote Start&make=Toyota&model=Tundra
Do you have the make/model of the backup camera. Or does it say what the blue wire is? Positive or Negative?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2016 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Use the resources Mr. Smokes' provided to locate the trucks (+) Reverse signal wire and make a direct connection to that

wire.

For (+) 12 Volt power, I would not recommend doing it the way you suggested.  Even one of those metal prong things

that wrap around the leg of a fuse are not a good idea as they eventually spread the internal fuse box connectors and
cause intermittent issues with both circuits.  I would spend some money an get what they call an "ADD-a-Fuse" connector. 
It looks like this :

2010 Toyota Tundra wiring -- posted image.

Just find a convenient fuse in the fuse box that has the +12V power you are looking for and install the add-a-fuse.  The
original fuse goes into one slot while the selected fuse for your camera goes into the other.  Connect the camera to the
Red wire and all done.  No issues and easily removable.  Here is an installed photo :

2010 Toyota Tundra wiring -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic