the12volt.com spacer
icon

Automate 4118al programming info needed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mhipsman 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2016 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mhipsman
Does anyone know how to reprogram runtime using fob on a automate
4118al.
Dealer installed unit but refuses to increase run time due to "environmental issues"
jameselantra 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2016 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
Programming is done via the valet button and fob. this is the same remote start as an Avital 4113
Use this manual 4113 manual
mhipsman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mhipsman
no valet button installed. another model type?
jameselantra 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
same model. the valet button is a 2 pin plug in.
im sure that rs is the same as this rs.
You are just missing the button.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
4118 is not a 4113. 4118 is a db-all combined with a xl-202 and one button automate remotes. Runtime is controlled by the programming of the db-all. You will need a xk-loader in order to do what your asking. Where are you located?
mhipsman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mhipsman
Boston MA area
beegbie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
That's what I thought. Can I ask what dealer? They shouldn't be telling you that. If you don't want to post it, send me an email at thestumpjump@gmail.com
Oh, and I just read one of Mr. James Elantra posts that included the quote "This I am 100% sure of. I dont give advice unless Im 100% sure I know what Im saying."
I know your trying to help but it's not helping if you don't know what your talking about. Think before you type.
mhipsman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2016 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mhipsman
The Toyota dealership in Norwood
So I can buy an xle loader and do it myself?
beegbie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2016 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
Yup, Amazon has them.
http://www.amazon.com/XpressKit-XKLOADER2-Computer-Programming-tool/dp/B001XTZBHO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453947668&sr=8-1&keywords=xkloader
With this, you can select anywhere from 1-60 minutes.
mhipsman 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2016 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mhipsman
Got the xloader2
But I have some questions.
Looks like I need to reflash firmware?
The options from the website talkabout PTS EIPS being activated by default
Do I need to disable it? Confused on what that function is. It sounds like I should.
2016 Toyota highlander smart start
Thanks
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic