the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 acura tsx viper 4205V

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
roger555 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote roger555
Hello Everyone!    I decided to take advantage of this snowed in weekend to install a remote starter on my wife's 2010 Acura TSX.    This will be my second time installing an alarm/remote start, the first was a Viper 5902/ idatalink on my 2006 TL.   
Install Overview
Acura TSX 2010 V4
-Viper 4205V
-Datalink ADS-AL CA   
(Ordered the iDatalink from 12voltsavings and paid $2 for the option to flash and said this in the notes "Please flash module for 2010 Acura TSX V4 Auto. Should be DL-HA3"
I prepared a wire diagram I would like to get some feedback on (linked below). This install is slightly different because it is only a remote start (not alarm) and I plan to use the D2D instead of W2W connections.   
In theory this should be easier but I am still not 100% sure what connections are required on the Viper side of things.   Also the thick gauge harness has only 6 wires instead of 8 which I am used to.   I remember with my 5902 I had to cut the starter wire on the car and connect wires from the viper to both ends.   That doesn't seem to be the case here with this remote start , looks like I just splice in leaving the starter wire intact.
Any feedback on my diagram would be much appreciated! I really want to start the install today!
Here is a link to the wire diagram I created below.
Link to download as a PDF
2010 acura tsx viper 4205V -- posted image.
Viper 4205V Responder one Install Guide
http://www.acsdistributors.com/uploads/techinfo/viper/manuals/Responder%20One%20Install.pdf
iDatalink AL CA (FW. DL HA3) (See Type 1 - Page 5)
http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-HA3/ADS-AL(DL)-HA3-EN_20150925.pdf
2010 Acura TSX Wiring
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~122599
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Very good research and planning.  A few thoughts :

For the ADS AL-CA to communicate with the Viper it must be flashed with the DBI-AL(DL)-HA3 firmware, not the more

standard ADS-AL(DL)-HA3 firmware.  You must also set the modules Installation Mode to DATA and lock it in prior to
actual vehicle programming.

If you plan to use the (-) Parking Light wire, ensure that the Vipers' parking light jumper is set to (-).

In Viper programming, set the Flex relay output to ACC2 ( default is IGN2 ).

For the bypass modules' auto headlight shutdown connection, here is a photo of the Drivers Door pin found at the

driver dash fuse box light green 16 pin plug.

Verify that the TSX has a factory alarm hood pin.  If it doesn't, then the bypass module won't be able to supply that signal
and the Viper kit supplied hood pin should be installed.

I believe that the bypass modules supplied EBrake signal will be used by the Viper as the Neutral Safety Input.  That

means that the EBrake must be on to initiate a remote start.  You could just hardwire the Vipers BLACK/ White NSS wire
to chassis ground.

Try to do a Tach Learn with the Viper first going D2D.  If that doesn't work, hardwire the bypass modules' Tach Output to

the Vipers' Tach Input.  Do not have a 3 way connection with the vehicles F.I. wire

Soldering is fun!
roger555 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote roger555
Thanks Kreg the quick response is much appreciated!
Ok so it sounds like i'll have to just buy that USB cable so I can flash the unit with the DBI-AL(DL)-HA3 firmware. I don't think there is any way to check the firmware without a cable correct? Is there any harm in hooking everything up to see if my chance it is programmed to DBI & data mode?
For the hood I am pretty sure it is tied to the factory alarm. It would be preferred to be able to remote start the car with the hood open but not a big deal if the factory pin disables it.
So for the auto headlight shutdown connection I should connect it to the Brown Drivers door pin (-)?   I don't really understand whats going on with this part but i'll take your word!
For the Tach I will try the tach learn but I think I read somewhere its a good idea to hard wire this one for acuras.    If the tach learn doesn't work then you say connect the idatalink and Viper wire together?    
Looking back on my Acura TL wire diagram it looks like I connected the Tach input wire on the viper to the tach wire at the ECU.   However i'm not sure where that wire is on the TSX.   
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Correct, the only way to verify exactly what firmware is on the module is with the ADS USB cable.  There would be no

harm done trying it D2D.   It should program OK.  The easy test would be a lock or unlock through the Viper.  No D2D
comm, no unlock.  At that point you could get the ADS USB cable and flash the DBI firmware on it or just go W2W and
make all the necessary Red dashed connections by hardwire.  A Factory reset would be required, then set it to Standard
Mode and lock it in.  Next program it to the vehicle again.  Going W2W would preclude any Tach issues, too. 

Yes, on the Auto Headlight shutdown.  If you leave the switch in the Auto position, do a remote start and remote shutdown

at night, the headlights stay on until you open a door.  This will take care of that and prevent a flat battery.

The Hood Pin is a very wise safety feature.  You don't want the engine to start during an oil change or with a mechanics

had on the serpentine belt...

The bypass module will supply a good Tach signal.  Whether or not the Viper can receive that signal and properly

handle it via D2D is the question.  Going W2W or making that input a hardwire input will take care of that possible issue.
You can always go directly to the vehicle for a Tach signal if you wish.  Viper to F.I. is a one possible choice, if the bypass
to Viper does not work.

Soldering is fun!
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Do you want your horn for programming reasons?
roger555 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote roger555
Thanks! That would have been an oversight but I use a bitwriter to do the programming
roger555 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2016 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote roger555
Alright I got everything wired up earlier today and the viper programmed (Diagram updated).
When I initially hooked the battery back up the iDatalink was blinking green.   I pushed the program button once and it flashed twice which I think means it was set to standard mode.    I clicked again and it flashed once then I held the program button in and it started flashing red.      I ordered the USB cable so I'm just going to wait until that comes in and flash it with the correct firmware.
[ PDF Link
kreg357 
Posted: January 24, 2016 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

If you did the ADS AL-CA Factory Reset and locked in the one blink Data mode, it's not a problem to continue on with

vehicle programming.  Watch the LED, insert the ignition key and turn to ON.  If the LED goes green for 2 seconds and
then off, it programmed OK. 

Next would be a regular key start-up and a Tach Learn.  If the Vipers responds with a good tach learn, then D2D is working.

Next would be a remote start.  With the 4205 system the unlock will only work while the engine is running.  Very necessary
as the TSX factory remotes won't work while the engine is running and having to use the key to unlock the doors is so
gauche.  2010 acura tsx viper 4205V -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
roger555 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote roger555
I have not officially done the factory reset, so it sounds like I do the factory reset then set to data mode before loading the new firmware?   
One other feature I am confused about is the starter anti-grind. In the manual it says this is optional so I definitely want to make sure I have this hooked because my wife will definitely turn the key all the way when she gets in.    Looks like my 5902 alarm had this feature built in which is why I had to cut the starter wire on my TL.
To add this feature i'll need to go back in and cut the starter wire and add a relay between the to wire activated by the H1/5 ORANGE ground when locked , Is this the correct wiring?
roger555 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2016 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote roger555
Kreg,
Any thoughts on the Anti-Grind?
New link to PDF
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic