the12volt.com spacer
icon

Running 2 amps subs and speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
apocalypsegz 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote apocalypsegz
Ok i know its nothing top of the line but really needing help on setting this up. I havent messed with stereo stuff in a long time and have forgotten a lot.
Stuff thats currently installed.
Kicker 750.1 mono d amplifier
Kicker 10" flushmount boxes(2)
Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS head unit
What i am adding
Alpine SPR-68 6x8s
Alpine SPR-60 6.5s
Pioneer GM-A5602 amplifier
I am wondering how i can hook these up together the amp has rca outputs but i would think it wouldnt work with non sub speakers. How should i wire this all up?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
It looks like your headunit has 6 preamp outputs, so just run 2 more pairs of rca cables.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
apocalypsegz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote apocalypsegz
It has Front Rear and Subwoofer outputs.
My mono kicker amp has RCA Outputs, can i use a distribution block run power to both amps then rca out my mono amp and then run speaker wire to other speakers after grounding the Pioneer Amp? can i do both high level and rcas or do i only use one, which would be best for speakers that aren't subs?
Not sure if i should setup the 2nd amp by itself or if i can run it with my other amp using the outputs that are on my mono kicker amp.
geepherder 
Posted: January 24, 2016 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
That's what I meant. I'm assuming you're using the sub rca's for your Kicker amp. Your best bet is to use the remaining four (front/rear) for you Pioneer amp. This way you'll still have control of your balance and fade. Also the preamps on your Kicker are probably not full range output since that amp is receiving a subwoofer input.
There's nothing wrong with using a distribution block as long as your wire is of the proper size to handle the current and is fused accordingly.
Do not use both rca's and high level inputs. Use one or the other. Again, your best bet that is to run rca cables for front/rear from your head unit to your Pioneer amp.
apocalypsegz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2016 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote apocalypsegz
The pioneer amp only has a place for 1 set of RCA's so I don't see how I can hook it up for fade and balance.
geepherder 
Posted: January 24, 2016 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
My mistake, I just assumed it was a 4-channel. I can see from the model number it is a 2-channel though.
Again, I'm making some assumptions here as I don't know what kind of vehicle this is. That said, I'm assuming one set of speakers is for the front, and the other is for the rear.
My suggestion is to run the rear speakers off the head unit, and use the 2-channel amp to run the front speakers. Your front speakers are more important anyway. This way you will still retain control of your balance/fade.
apocalypsegz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2016 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote apocalypsegz
96 f150 will the head units 22rms be enough for the alpines 100rms?
apocalypsegz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2016 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote apocalypsegz
96 f150 will the head units 22rms be enough for the alpines 100rms? Sorry for double post, my phone said it had errored on first post
geepherder 
Posted: January 24, 2016 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
You can, and it'll should be fine.
Alternatively, you could use just connect the two right speakers in parallel, and same for the left assuming your amp is two-ohm stable (most are). You'll just lose your fade control.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic