icon

Viper 5305V Remote Start, 2008 Toyota Corolla

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
harv63 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2016 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and thought I could ask for some advise on installing a 5305V Viper alarm/remote start I'm having trouble installing. I have searched around and this site looks to be the most helpful of them all. I have a 2008 toyota corolla with a factory alarm very basic car but reliable. I purchased this alarm/remote on ebay thinking I could install it bad idea now I'm stuck. I also have a flashlogic module flashed to the car from Crutchfield so it begins. They sent me the cars wire diagram DiretWire easy enough to read . I hooked up the module using the D2D cable to the remote start hooked up key sense wire ,hooked up code to #4 and TXCT to #5 at ignition but the only wire in question is the thin pink wire off the module does it join the heavy pink wire to the ignition 1 at the key?   The main harness 5 pin connectors I did get this hooked up no problem . Door lock good connection works , it's the 24 pin connector I'm am unsure of looks like most of them I don't need.This is what I hooked up H-13,20. On the 10 pin connector heavy Gauge connected H-2,5,9 constant power, H-6 key side of cut starter wire, H-7 car side starter, H-8 accessory, H-10 to main ignition 1, H-3 not used and H-4 to 2nd ignition . I can clean this post up if it's to long winded I just can't grasp why it won't work relay clicks on and off to try and start alarm works fine and door locks work and parking lights flash if anyone can shed some light on my problem it sure would be appreciated thank you in advance.

H1= Main Harness 5 pin Connector H4-not used ?
H1- hooked to ground - Black      H5-Parking light output to green car
H2- siren brown
H3- 12 volt constant to white in car
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2016 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
A little tough to read, but lets see.
Module pink goes to your 5305V Heavy Gauge H10 +ign, as well as your Ignition switch      BLACK/ white      +      ignition switch, white 6 pin plug, pin 6
Is your car automatic?
What did you connect H13 and 20 to?
Did you connect a hood pin?
harv63 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2016 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the help that's how I had the pinks hooked up glad to hear that just wanted to confirm this.    
The car is automatic transmission.
The install guide states hook up H13 to one wire of remote start shutoff switch ( toggle switch on and off )
and the other to the parking brake wire but I cheated and went to a ground is that bad ? It should really go to the RED / black at the switch brown 1 pin plug.pin 1
H10 is hooked up to the brake pedal GREEN / WHITE switch above pedal.
I did nothing with the hood pin switch wire just did not connect H9 gray
I will install it after I get it to run unless that's the reason it won't work.
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2016 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Not cheating at all. Quite often there is an asterisk next to that connection that says to do just that. As long as you tested that your car will not crank in gear, its fine.
You mention your parking lights flash, which is good. Does it flash a certain number of times after you attempt to remote start?
Is the car cranking and not running, or not cranking at all?
harv63 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2016 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
The parking lights flash once every time I hear the module click and ignition beeps like there is a key in it does that 3 times and stops.
The car is not cranking at all . I did not install the tach wire to anything I wanted to try Virtual tach after first start.
harv63 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2016 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
I'm wondering if I need to program the tach first in virtual tach before it will start it does say use the key to start up first then program within 5 seconds pushing the control button for 3 seconds then light is constant and it's programed. Can't be that easy . I'm going to sleep on it I do appreciate your help. I plan on calling Crutchfield tomorrow to confirm that the module got programed to my car. Does it also need to be programmed to my alarm also? Just a thought. Thanks much to be continued. ....
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2016 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
Did you confirm all your connections with a dmm before connecting? Wiring diagrams are sometimes wrong with colours.
Do your fuses check ok? Check with a meter, not just visually.
What happens if you try to remote start the car with the key in ign? Not turned, just in. What about turned to on?
24 pin harness. Pin 11 WHITE/ blue activation input. Touch that to ground. What happens?
Are all your harnesses inserted all the way? Any bent pins?
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2016 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
Where is your ground connected? Don't ground to a dash screw, go to the kick panel, sand to bare metal and screw to that.
harv63 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2016 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
Hello, OK I did make a ground connection at the kick panel but I
didn't sand off the paint but I'm confident its a good ground I can see metal on the screw hole connected to wires.
I did not use a dmm on every wire to confirm but I did use it to check the power on the white wire constant power 12 volts. The wires are all the same colors as the directwire chart I will need to do this then just to narrow down the problem.
I did not try to start the car with the key in or turned on that will be next to try when I get home today , also does the door need to be closed to remote start? Door switch is open this might cause a problem.
I will inspect the fuses again pulled all of them out they look fine I will use the dmm to check all fused connections across each fuse.
The 24 pin harness thats odd you ask about this wire the WHITE/ blue Manuel states this wire not only activates the remote start it also can be used to change feature options when programming. Not sure where to put this wire to but I did touch it to ground and it activates the remote start like I pushed the fob button on remote is that normal?
I did inspect all the harness connections they are all locked in no bent pins.
I will let you know later when I install the unit again to see how the unit reacts I will triple check connections. If you know where I can put the WHITE/ blue wire that would be great .thanks
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2016 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
Make sure to check the ign switch wires with a meter.
That toggle switch you connected is in the ON position right?
Don't permanently connect that WHITE/ blue wire. You touched it to ground, and it tried to activate the remote start. Thats good enough.
Does the car start with just it's own key still?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic