icon

Viper 5305V Remote Start, 2008 Toyota Corolla

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2016 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
I remember you saying you didn't sand your ground connection down to metal. You should do that. You want you ring connector to contact the ground, not go through the screw threads. Bad ground can cause lots of weird problems because the unit will try to find a ground through another wire.
Did you check your starter output voltage from the viper? You said it was part of trouble shooting, but you weren't sure if you did.
Ground your hood pin wire and try a remote start. See if your parking lights flash 5 times.
Do your shutdown diagnostic procedure and see if it reports anything.
harv63 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2016 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
Hi again I'm back in the corrolla today . I sanded the ground down to bare metal and used a ring connection for the ground.
I tried to remote start car no luck nor any voltage at the violet wire into starter while trying to start no voltage. There is power coming into the unit but none going out when doing remote start.
I did ground the gray hood pin wire and parking light's did not flash nor did even try to remote start. But I removed it and did the shutdown diagnotics and hit the controller button and it flashed back 5 times on the blue led on command button and it states 5 flashes is hood shut down and that's correct..
Hope you have a few more thoughts.
I did manage to contact the vendor I bought the unit from and they are going to do a exchange for a brand new unit I'm sending this one back i I hope it's not a waste of time .
harv63 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2016 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
I wanted to let you know I found the tach wire at the ECM behind the glove box on the far left White plug 31 pin plug hooked up the violet/white wire to the black wire on pin 5.
I did a remote start no luck same results. Now the blue control button flashes 3 times thats a no tach error no rpm or low .
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2016 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
Did you do a tach learn?
harv63 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2016 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
Yes did it a 2nd time just now and it did learn according to the control button solid blue light then went off after I let it go it still flashing 3 times . I did step by step on learning tach not sure what's up?
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2016 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
If you vendor is willing to swap boxes, I suggest doing that. All your wiring looks ok so I'm running out of ideas. having a bad unit isn't common but it does happen.
harv63 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2016 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
I really appreciate your help I'm sending in the unit tonight for an exchange hopefully this will solve the problem you will be the first to know if I get it working talk to you in a week or so . Cheers friend!
harv63 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2016 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
I was thinking about one wire on the 24 pin harness the WHITE/ blue wire H11 do you think this needs to be hooked into the idatalink bypas module in order for the remote start to work? It claims to be remote start activation input. It has two ** next to the connection in the manual. Just want to be sure I think its the manual input to change features in the alarm by pulsing it to ground but it reads this wire not only activates remote start but also can change features thats where im confused hope you can shed some wisdom on this. Thanks again.
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2016 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
No. You don't need that wire. If you were wiring a starter to use a factory key fob and to start with 3x lock, then you would use it. Or any other unit that would be used to activate the starter instead of the viper fob.
harv63 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2016 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
Great thanks much understand now.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic