the12volt.com spacer
icon

15 Genesis 5x10 with VSM350 and sensors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
losboricua 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2016 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote losboricua
So finally after a month of having the following part sitting on my desk, I will have some time to install it on my 15 Genesis Sedan.
-     Direct 5x10
-     Viper VSM350(Smart Start/GPS)
-     Directed 520T(Backup Battery)
-     Directed 507M(Tilt Sensor)
-     ACC-Temp-101 (Temp Sensor)
My goal is to install the 5x10 and VSM350 so I can control my Security and Remote Start via the phone App only. I will then hook up the temp, tilt and shock sensors up. I have not done the security side in a long time but the 5x10 only contains one 3 pin white connector.    
First question, do I have to splice the cables in a series together? Any special programing needed to have all 3 sensors working? Under the Sensor Icon Type while flashing the device I can only pick one sensor.
The second question is that I got the temp sensor so I can program the system to give me latch so I can wire my driver side heated seats, and defroster up if the temperature is below 32*. I could not find a way to this via the flashing procedure. I was hoping that maybe I can configure one of the unused onboard relays and then put diodes to separate the signal to each latch wire. Can this be done?
2015 Hyundai Genesis Ultimate Black on Black
Tinted Windows, Fogs, Roof Spoiler, ARK Springs, Ruff R1 20's Staggered
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 29, 2016 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
I can't help you with your first question, I'd just be guessing.
I have an idea for your second question though. You should in theory be able to use an op amp to do this. Hook up your temp sensor on a bench. Place it in a plastic bag (not needed if it's a sealed unit), and place it in a glass of ice water. Let it sit for about 5 minutes and read whatever value you get.
Use this value to trigger an op amp. Take the op amp's output to the common relay terminal. The normally open terminal will be your output to trigger the seat heaters/defroster. Use the GWR (status) wire to trigger your relay.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
losboricua 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2016 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote losboricua
Geepherder,
That is a good work around. I was hoping that since I bought the directed. I remember when I had my old car I had a Viper 5906v and had the system had a setting that you can program the system to use the internal temp sensor to latch the Blue/White GWR wire when the temperature was under 32*.
I'm hoping I can do the same with the 5x10 and the external temp sensor but if not I might have to do your work around.
geepherder 
Posted: January 29, 2016 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
I think the setting is 55 degrees on the DEI. You can either enable this setting or leave it disabled (I think default is disabled, but I'm pretty sure the temperature is non-adjustable). Check the programming section of your manual.
losboricua 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2016 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote losboricua
I'm OK with 55* but while loading and programming the module via the xkloader2 I don't have the option.
losboricua 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2016 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote losboricua
So I came back home and I feel pretty stupid after looking at the programming. I was able to change the Realy2 (Not used) Com to Rear Defroster Latched 10 minutes.
15 Genesis 5x10 with VSM350 and sensors - Last Post -- posted image.
I'm going to Wire:
H1/3 to a ground
H1/4 to the YELLOW /GREEN latched cable for the rear defroster
My new question is that the left front seat is a RED / Black 5 Wire setup. I want to verify these 3 questions about this setup.
- I'm pretty sure that the seats are a pulse not a latch. I can program another output to be a pulse but I want to make sure it is.
- It is going to be a negative or a positive feed. I'm pretty sure that it needs to be a positive feed but I want to make sure before I wire it up.
- If it is a positive feed is this how I wire it up?
Relay Wiring:
86 and 87 goes to 12 volt
85 negative trigger programmed at the 5x10
30 to the cut wire seat side
87a to the cut wire switch side
I also need to know about the sensors.
Thanks
geepherder 
Posted: January 30, 2016 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
That looks like it'll work, but may not be necessary to use another output. Like you said, just verify the seat heaters use a pulse first. If you use the latched output for the rear defroster, you can convert the constant to a pulse using something like this: https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram44.html.
Then you won't need to remember to trigger another output because the seat heaters will come on whenever the rear defrost does.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic