the12volt.com spacer
icon

Blinker stopped working after viper install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
emikey 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2016 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote emikey
The 8th gens don't have flasher relays.
"The 8th generation Accord does not have a turn signal/hazard relay. The turn signal/hazard flasher circuit is built into the the driver’s multiplex integrated control unit (MICU). The driver's MICU is built into the under-dash fuse/relay box."
Any ideas what this means for my issue?
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2016 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
I would assume that means if your flasher circuit is broken, and that control unit is to blame, you have to replace the whole unit.
Similar to Ford smart junction box having the flasher circuit built in. you have to replace the whole box if it goes.
dosoft 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2016 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dosoft
What I would do is measure the wires coming out of the indicator switch until I find out if the switch itself is ok. The triggering signal should be GND on this car (not 100% sure). While turning ON and OFF each of the blinkers, you should get it when probing the wires coming out of the switch. Once you find both wires for the left and the right blinkers, pay attention if you are getting equal voltage on both of them while the switch is on the OFF position (middle position). If one of them doesn't show any voltage, measuring with multimeter, but at the same time is providing ground when the swith is ON, than this wire is not connected to the MICU and therefore is broken or cut accidentally. If not, then double check for bent pins, as somebody suggested.
I'm sure nothing is wrong with the MICU since you have the hazards working fine. In worst case is the switch itself.
emikey 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2016 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote emikey
So I put my dmm on all of the wires in the blinker plug, while playing with the blinker. After testing each function of the blinker switch, I found the right blinker causes no change of voltage on any wire. This tells me it was a bad switch, so I ordered another.
After putting the new blinker switch in place, I examined the old switch. Sure enough there were several bent pins.
I must have bent them trying to plug in the plug the wrong way. After I bent them back, the right turn signal worked 100%
Does anyone need a blinker switch?
dosoft 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2016 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dosoft
I'm willing to buy the bent pins only.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic