the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 honda civic si dball2 problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
loknar28 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2016 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
I am using a dball2 to interface a DEI Viper 5301(4x02) remote start in a 2007 Honda Civic Si. After a "successful" XKloader2 flash of the Honda4 3.06 firmware I attempted to install using D2D. Unfortunately, I found that the DBALL2 was not learning the Data or CAN B bus correctly. It would start out as a solid red going to green for maybe one second and the off and the triple red flash. Thinking that maybe D2D was causing some of this I decided to W2W from the Viper 5301 to the DBALL2 and relevant vehicle harness locations. I flashed the DBALL2 again and removed all of the D2D check boxes. Attempting the learning procedure again I saw that I would not receive a green light at all. Instead I just observed the solid red moving to the endless triple flash. The worst part is that if either the CAN B or Data wires are connected the car will not even start with the key.
I am including some images to show my notes and the immobilizer connections. I can't see where I could be going wrong with this. If anyone has an idea I would greatly appreciate any insight.
2007 honda civic si dball2 problem - Last Post -- posted image.
loknar28 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2016 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
The images would not work for my last post, so here they are.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2016 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Your connection points look correct.  The scary thing is that with the DB-ALL2 connected, the Civic won't start with the key.  It's supposed to be very passive with no interference with normal vehicle operation.  Have you tried another DB-ALL2 module? 

I'm not a DB-ALL2 user, but there appears to be a slight programming difference between W2W and D2D modes when plugging in the connectors after it's all wired to the vehicle.

Soldering is fun!
loknar28 
Posted: January 30, 2016 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
kreg357 wrote:

Your connection points look correct.  The scary thing is that with the DB-ALL2 connected, the Civic won't start with the key.  It's supposed to be very passive with no interference with normal vehicle operation. 

Obviously, the DBALL2 needs to be able to inject the learned keycode at startup, but at no point should the device be able to corrupt the CAN BUS or Immobilizer data stream, that is just a bad design or at the very least bad QC.
kreg357 wrote:

Have you tried another DB-ALL2 module? 

I was hesitant to request another unit, however I can't imagine what else other than a defect could be the issue, so I have another one on order. I hope that is all that is going on here or I will need to start looking for a different solution. The worst part is how much time is needlessly wasted troubleshooting defective equipment.
kreg357 wrote:

I'm not a DB-ALL2 user, but there appears to be a slight programming difference between W2W and D2D modes when plugging in the connectors after it's all wired to the vehicle.

I believe there is a variance in the process, although for W2W it is pretty much plug in everything ensuring that power is last. Wait for a solid red light then turn the key. It's pretty hard to screw that one up. 2007 honda civic si dball2 problem - Last Post -- posted image.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
loknar28 
Posted: January 30, 2016 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
Kreg357,Thank you for the feed back on the connections being correct. I figured they where but I always appreciate someone giving me a sanity check.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2016 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Hopefully the new DB-ALL2 will clear all the issues.  The DB-ALL2's design is pretty good but their QC has been questioned in the past. 

While the DIYer can't really justify the need or cost, having a spare module on hand is standard operating procedure for us in-the-field installers.  Following the old Boy Scout Motto, "be prepared". 

As a suggestion, next time give iDatalink a try.  They make the ADS AL-CA module which is equivalent to the DB-ALL2.  The OEM'd for Audiovox FLCAN module is the same but directed more at the DBI D2D needing folks.  They are my "go to" bypass module, easy to flash, easy to program, well written install guides that are complete & accurate and almost never an out-of-box failure.  Here is a link to their WEB site :  http://www.flashlogic.com/

Soldering is fun!
brownsfan1 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2016 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brownsfan1
There is supposed to be a yellow ignition wire in pin 2. But it is orange it is orange in the picture. Are you in the correct plug?
brownsfan1 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2016 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brownsfan1
Unless it is yellow and the camera made it look orange.
loknar28 
Posted: February 01, 2016 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
brownsfan1 wrote:
There is supposed to be a yellow ignition wire in pin 2. But it is orange it is orange in the picture. Are you in the correct plug?
The colors are correct as you see them. Maybe it is because it is an Si model? The plug should also be green if you went by what you would expect to see, but in this case its white for some reason.
There are only two plugs connected to the immobilizer. At least the white one has 7 pins. The green one which is plugging in vertically has to few to be the correct one.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
loknar28 
Posted: February 02, 2016 at 5:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
Success, the replacement works. Additionally, shortening and untwisting the CAN and Immo wires appears to helped as well.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic