the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 kia sorento remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boricua bob 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2016 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote boricua bob
I want to install a remote start alarm on my kia but I was wondering besides the alarm kit what else is needed for the installation. The alarm is a viper 5704v. Do I need any interface or bypass module? If so can I use a xpresskit or something like that. Thanks
losboricua 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2016 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote losboricua
If the Sorento is not PTS then you don't need a bypass if you live in the USA. If it is then you will need a DBALL2
2015 Hyundai Genesis Ultimate Black on Black
Tinted Windows, Fogs, Roof Spoiler, ARK Springs, Ruff R1 20's Staggered
boricua bob 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2016 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote boricua bob
What is pts? How about the chip that is in the key fob. Don't use need a bypass module to remote start? This is the key fob I have.2015 kia sorento remote start -- posted image.
brownsfan1 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2016 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brownsfan1
No interface needed. I do those all day. Even own one. Pretty easy install.
boricua bob 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2016 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote boricua bob
So with just the alarm (viper 5704v) nothing else is needed?
losboricua 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2016 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote losboricua
PTS = Push To Start. That key looks like a normal key that flips out. If it is a flip out key then yea no bypass needed, just the Viper 5704v. If you actually have a PTS then you would need a bypass module like a DBALL2
boricua bob 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2016 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote boricua bob
Thanks a lot guys. I have done a 2001 Honda civic, 2001 chevy 2500 and all have a chip in the key and I had to use a module to remote start so I did not have to leave in the car and spare key. So I just want to be 100 sure I didn't need one for this install. Also is there a post were there is a step by step for the 2015 kia sorento install for remote start and/or wiring diagram. Thanks
losboricua 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2016 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote losboricua
NP, here is the post.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=130048
Basically almost all Kia's if they are not PTS then they don't have any key chip security.
boricua bob 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2016 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote boricua bob
I was told the 2015 is different wiring. Not in the same place.
losboricua 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2016 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote losboricua
I looked at DirectTechs for the 4x10 and it seems like the color might of changed but they often do that. I don't have access to DirectWire since I'm not a certify installer. Maybe someone can post the wiring diagram.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic