the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 toyota tacoma, viper 5706v, 516l voice modu

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drpitlikeitssco 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2016 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drpitlikeitssco
My girlfriend purchaed a viper 5706v remote start/alarm system for me for Christmas from Best Buy. It came with installation from their geek squad. They also installed a 516l voice module, 508D field disturbance sensor, 520t backup battery and 513T mini piezo. I had originally also paid for a 507m tilt sensor but against my wishes they did not install it and offered a refund. I asked why and was told "the field disturbance sensor takes care of that" it irked me but I was able to let it go. To make a long story short my truck has been to best buy 3 entire seperate days over the past week and they still do not have everything working correctly. Today they brought the install "champion" as they call him down from about 3 hours away and even he could not get it working properly.
When i originally picked my truck up any professional installer would have been appalled by the quality of the install. My antenna was mounted half way up the drivers side winsheild pillar right in my view, the wire they ran to a pinswitch for my tailgate was ran around my leafspring instead of up on the frame (i couldnt even believe that), the sirens were loosely mounted and flopping around, the 2 way funcionality of my remote wasnt working, none of the sensors were adjusted properly and the voice system was not working at all other than as a pa system. I could go on and continue to list the 15 things that were wrong but that is beyond the reason I am here. Best buy refuses to help me any more and my system still isnt working correctly. They insist everything is hooked up properly and there is nothing more they can do. With the quality of their install I highly doubt that everything is wired correctly.
From my understanding they have the green warn away wire from the field disturbace sensor wired to the blue/white custom voice wire on the voice module. They have the green warn away wire of the shock sensor wired to the RED / white custom voice wire on the voice module and they have both blue triggered wires from the fied disturbance sensor and shock sensor both wired into the BLACK/ white custom voice wire on the voice module. I also believe that both the hood tilt switch and tailgate pinswitch are wired to the blue hood/trunk input of the voice module.
For whatever reason the custom voice messages are being triggered randomly. By randomly i mean that sometimes after i arm the system it will say system armed followed by a random message (sometimes its a custom recording other times it is just an default message). It also is giving random messages when the doors are comprimised or when the hood is closed. Best buy says that everything is diode isolated properly but who knows. I dont understand what could be causing this and im practically pulling my hair out trying to understand why.
I've read and highlighted the install manuals for my alarm, the voice module and the field disturbace sensor and cannot make sense of why it would it act like this.
Im desperate for help and would sincerely appreciate any advice you can give me. There are no other viper dealers in my area but I have a pretty good understanding of how the system should work and be wired and at this point im willing to give it a shot myself. Thanks a lot ahead of time!! I appreciate the fact that you even just read through all of that!!
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 03, 2016 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
drpitlikeitssco wrote:
Best buy refuses to help me any more and my system still isnt working correctly.
That says a lot. Politely stand firm until your needs are met. I have a call recording app on my phone for things just like this. (My car is back at the transmission shop again, and I can playback previous calls so they can't deny a problem exists.) You may need to check your area for legality, but in my area as long as one party involved in the conversation (me) knows a recording is taking place, it is perfectly legal.
Keep going up the Best Buy hierarchy until you are satisfied. You may also consider contacting Directed Electronics (Viper falls under them) as well and let them know what issues you are having with your local dealer.
Also, you said there are no other Viper dealers in the area, but you can check if there are other Directed dealers: http://support.directed.com/DealerLocator/
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
drpitlikeitssco 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2016 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drpitlikeitssco
Thanks for the reply. I have tried and tried with best buy and they are not budging. I have recorded the calls but there is no one even willing to hear them. As soon as I tell my story they call the store and every time they get back to me and tell me they will do nothing further. I have also tried to contact Viper and Directed but they say that there is no way to file a complaint against the dealer and only offer to find me another dealer after stating that best buy is their largest installer and they should help me.
I'm ready to be done with this and just fix it myself but Directed will not release any install information to me. If nobody can help me on here my last resort is going to be to have to call and lie to directed and tell them I am an installer but I would prefer to not do that.
Can somebody please tell me the correct way that the 516L should be wired? I know that the red is constant power, the black is the ground, the yellow is ignition, the orange is the ground when armed. What I need help with is the proper way to wire the hood/trunk wires so that both trigger the hood/trunk input of the voice module and how to wire the custom message wires to my field disturbance sensor and shock sensor. Somehow with the way it is wired it is giving me random messages at random times. I assume something is not diode isolated properly but would sincerely appreciate it if someone could steer me in the right direction...
Thanks a lot to anyone in advance for trying to help!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic