the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2016 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Does the vehicle stay running when you go through the manual trans steps?
If so, does it only give the error when you try to restart it?
loknar28 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2016 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
mscguy wrote:
Does the vehicle stay running when you go through the manual trans steps?
If so, does it only give the error when you try to restart it?
No.... it does not stay running and it gives the same error while trying to set MTS or attempting to start without the sequences. Just the negative tone and red LED next to the function key.
The steps I have taken to test.
Testing in A/T Mode
Understand, that when I tested this in A/T mode I thought I was in MTS mode. The testing had me thinking I was in MTS because the resulting feedback while performing the sequence made sense for being in MTS. I had been working on it for most of the day and had forgotten that earlier I switched modes to test that the RS was functional.
(1) Started the vehicle with the key in neutral with parking break on.
(2) Applied brake
(3) within 20 seconds I hit the start button on the remote.
   (a) Remote feedback - a positive sequence of tones and green LED
   (b) relays clicks(parking light flashes)
(4) Turned key to off and removed the key.
   (a) engine remained running.
(5) Opened and shut door.
(6) Pressed start button on remote a second time.
   (a) Engine Shutdown.
(7) Pressed start button on remote a third time.
   (a) Green LED and positive tones.
   (b) Instrument cluster test and Ignition Sequence.
   (c) Engine starts
(8) Tried to start again without going through the sequence.
   (a) Then engine started anyway.. 2007 Dball2/Viper5301 MTS requirements - Page 3 -- posted image. oops I'm not in MTS mode
Testing after switching back to MTS mode.
(1) Started engine with key.
(2) Just for good measure pressed and held the command button within five seconds to relearn the tach signal(now moved to injector signal wire.)
   (a) After about 1-2 seconds I get a solid blue light..(A Successful Tach Learning Sequence)
(3) Applied brake
(4) Within 20 seconds hit the start button on remote.
   (a) Remote Feedback - Negative tone with red LED next to F button.
(5) Turn Key to off position and remove key.
   (a)Engine shuts down
   (b)Last shutdown - caused by MTS (7 blinks)
(6) Verified that programming (3/2) was set to tach only.
(7) Verified N/O contacts and left hood wire isolated from ground.
(8) Verified that brake shutdown does work while RS in A/T mode.
(9) Verified a (W2W) E-brake ground signal for Neutral Safety
(10)Scratched head for a bit...Then complied list of current connections and sent to forum for review.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2016 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
When you say "apply brake". I assume you mean the parking brake. After applying parking brake, press and release the brake pedal. Then press the button on the remote.
loknar28 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2016 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
mscguy wrote:
When you say "apply brake". I assume you mean the parking brake. After applying parking brake, press and release the brake pedal. Then press the button on the remote.
I actually meant step on the brake. Does it matter when the parking brake is applied or just that it is engaged during the sequence.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2016 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
If the vehicle has a manual transmission the proper steps must be followed before
leaving the parked vehicle or the remote start feature is disabled.
1. Make sure the engine is running and the doors on the vehicle are closed.
2. Put the transmission in neutral.
3. Press on the brake in the vehicle.
4. Apply the emergency brake.
5. Release the brake.
6. Within 15 seconds activate the remote start from the remote.
7. The parking lights will flash 5-times confirming that the remote start is active.
If the parking lights do not flash 5-times, then repeat steps 1 - 6.
8. Turn off the ignition (the car stays running when key is turned off).
9. Exit the vehicle.
10. Lock the system. (the vehicle shuts off when locking the system).
You can now remote start the vehicle. If a door is opened before the next remote
start activation the system will not remote start.
Maybe that's why. You're starting the sequence with the parking brake engaged.
loknar28 
Posted: February 08, 2016 at 3:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
I will try the exact sequence including applying the parking brake after the sequence begins. I assume when they say lock the system that they are referring to the car doors not some special key combination on the remote.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
loknar28 
Posted: February 08, 2016 at 5:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
I will try the exact sequence including applying the parking brake after the sequence begins. I assume when they say lock the system that they are referring to the car doors not some special key combination on the remote.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2016 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

The DEI products MTS Reservation Mode is a PITA.  That's why I prefer Compustar products.  Here are their steps to

enter into Reservation Mode :

Activating Reservation Mode

STEP 1: Start the vehicle with the key. Place the transmission in neutral, remove pressure from the foot
  brake, and set the emergency/parking brake.
STEP 2: Remove the key from the vehicle’s ignition. The vehicles engine should remain running even
  after the key has been removed.
STEP 3: Exit the vehicle and close the door. The vehicle’s engine should shut off upon closing the door
  and the doors will lock.

The Firstech Compustar system is in reservation mode and the vehicle is ready to safely remote start.

Pretty straight forward.  Of course, everything must be connected and wired properly.  At Step 1, when you step on the

brake pedal, release and set the EBrake, the Parking Lights come on and the car is kinda in PitStop Mode.  At Step 3,
the engine will continue running until it sees a door open then and all the doors close.  You can program a 10 second
delay between the last door closed and the door lock.

Soldering is fun!
loknar28 
Posted: February 08, 2016 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
Ok, well that initially did not work.
1)However, while I thought I had verified that everything was working I was assuming that because the door locks functioned ok in D2D that the trunk status would also be ok. But manually popping the trunk when the alarm was set did not cause it to alert. So, I removed it from D2D and added it back to the DBALL2 W2W inputs. This fixed the problem with the alarm detecting the trunk opening. I was then able to set MTS, and I can confirm that it does require the exact sequence. For example, simply the fact that the handbrake set is not good enough.
2) Unfortunately, while this allowed the Viper to enter MTS mode I noticed that the door locks were not functioning while in this mode. So, I did the same thing as I did with the trunk and wired W2W to the DBALL2 for lock/unlock, as well as status and removed The D2D checkboxes. While this corrected the problem with the door not locking I had to move the status of the doors back to D2D to get it to enter MTS.
Currently, The following is where I am at:
1)Viper will enter MTS and engine will continue running after key removal.
2)After exiting vehicle the engine will now shutdown upon door lock.
3)the problem....Engine will not start again from remote. Will start in A/T mode.
I'm so close... Did I miss an MTS step if I got to that point? I'm so close.
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
loknar28 
Posted: February 08, 2016 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote loknar28
I really want to make this work the way it is now. Unfortunately, many of the problems I have been experiencing seem to point to the DBALL2 and possibly the Honda4 firmware. Specifically, it's ability to support any given feature set through D2D or W2W/CAN BUS. Some features work over one but not the other it seems. I say this because If it were a problem with wiring or noise being induced then I would expect it to have affected all features equally. So, if there is not an easy fix to my current situation can some offer a proven solution to interface a M/T 07 Honda Civic si and a Viper 5301 LE (4x02)?
2016 Toyota Highlander
2007 Honda Civic Si
2004 Honda Pilot EX
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic