the12volt.com spacer
icon

1993 Jeep Avital 4103 No remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vettemike 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2016 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vettemike
Yeah, I was expecting I might run into that. I just haven't connected it because I have to run it through the firewall to the ecm in the engine bay. Once I get all the other stuff checked out, I was planning to take care of that part. I try to keep all this neat and clean so that part might take the longest since it has the longest route to travel.
That's really great to hear, thank you all for your help.
vettemike 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2016 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vettemike
Hey guys, sorry for my late response.
So the other night when I got home I crawled under the dash to unplug the brake light and happen to accidentally tug on the little black and white ground wire from the remote start harness and it popped right out of the ring terminal.
It turns out that got too excited with the crimper and crimped the wire in half. Only the wire casing was holding it into the terminal. I pulled the terminal restripped both ground wires, crimped, and screwed it back down to grown. I quickly hit the * and low and behold, starter motor noises... :-)
I immediately started trying to figure out the tach sensor wire. In my personal opinion, running a single 16ga wire through a firewall and tapping to some place that sends a signal back into the car is tacky, unrefined, and all around redundant. So... I dug a little deeper up into the dash and located the cluster harness. AllData states that the tach signal wire at the ECM (under the hood) is Gray/Lt Blue. In the cluster harness I also found a wire with the same code. I clipped it with a t-tap, plugged in a lead and carried it around the front of the car where I located the tach signal wire identified in the diagram. I grabbed a good piece of it and poked it with my multi meter (no pun intended), then touched the other lead to the line from the cluster and just like that, perfect continuity.
I closed everything up in the front and adjusted the tach wire for the remote start, then connected it to the T-tap. Last, I loomed everything up and secured with zip ties before giving it a function test.
Doors lock and unlock, windows roll up with lock +3sec and down with unlock +3sec, Panic fires off proudly (even though it sounds like a donkey giving rides at the the fatty parade), aaaaand the engine fires right up with remote start!
Thank you guys for your input and assistance. I'm glad it was just an oversight and not a problem. lol.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic