the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 Nissan 370Z DBALL2 + Viper 5906V program

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
_bando 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2016 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote _bando
Hi all, I just finished installing a Viper 5906V with a DBALL2 (installation type 4 - Manual trans with T-harness) on a 2011 Nissan 370Z. I also have a 506T, 507M, 508D and a 520T modules in the mix. I am pretty sure everything is wired correctly but I am experiencing some problems, before we get to that, here's the wiring.
///DBALL2 Wiring///
T-harness connected to DBALL2.
T-harness connected to OBD2 and OEM key port
12 Pin connector, pin 8 and 9 VIOLET/GREEN and VIOLET/BROWN Ign Status input/output - to Viper's remote start 10 pin connector, pin 10 pink, ign 1 output/input.
12 Pin connector pin 2 GREEN/ BLACK Push-to-start - to pin 4 brown cable on OEM PTS connector.
12 Pin connector pin 4 RED / BLACK - Door trigger output - to BCM connector pin 39, gray cable.
DBALL2 connected to Viper via D2D cable.
///Vipers Wiring///
Main Harness 6 Pin connector
-Pin 1 RED - 12VDC - To gray cable on 520T (Red on 520T to battery)
-Pin 2 BLACK - Ground - to Ground
-Pin 3 BROWN - Siren - to Siren +
-Pin 4 WHITE/ BROWN - Parking light isolation wire - NOT USED
-Pin 5 WHITE - Parking light output - NOT USED
-Pin 6 ORANGE - GWA to 507M orange wire.
Door Lock 3 pin connector
-NOT USED
Remote Start 10 pin heavy gauge connector
-Pin 1 - NC - Empty
-Pin 2 - RED / BLACK - Fused 12V/Starter input - NOT USED
-Pin 3 - PINK/BLACK - Flex relay input 87a key side- NOT USED
-Pin 4 - PINK/WHITE - IGN 2 - Connected to relays on clutch switches per DBALL2 instructions.
-Pin 5 - RED - 12V IGN input - NOT USED
-Pin 6 - GREEN - Starter input (Key said of starter kill) - NOT USED
-Pin 7 - VIOLET - Starter output (Car side of starter kill) - NOT USED
-Pin 8 - ORANGE - Acc output - NOT USED
-Pin 9 - RED / WHITE - Fused 12V IGN/Flex relay input 87 - NOT USED
-Pin 10 - PINK - IGN1 input/output - To pin 8 and 9 of DBALL2 12 pin connector
AUX/Shutdown/Trigger 24 pin connector
All NOT used except
PIN 10 - BLUE - Instant trigger - to trigger output of 507m and 520t (diode on each of the sensor trigger wires towards alarm brain)
PIN 13 - BLACK/ WHITE - Neutral safety switch - To e-brake
Problems:
1.I am unable to program the DBALL2 per instructions, the unit wont stop flashing orange rapidly. At one point I got it to go solid red so I proceeded with programming by pressing the unlock button on the OEM smart key, light started blinking orange as expected so I inserted the key into the key slot, then pressed brake pedal, at this point I am supposed to get a green light but I never do, it just keeps flashing orange. I have tried re-flashing fw on the DBALL2 but it does the same thing after, now it's just stuck on flashing orange rapidly and I can't soft/hard reset it to start programming again.
2. Regarding Flashing the DBALL2, what options should I enable/disable, check/uncheck?
*3. When I hit the disarm button on the Viper remote it tries to start the car but fails, doors do unlock and alarm disarms. If I depress the clutch pedal while hitting the disarm button on the viper remote the car does start but this could be an issue with my relays, car shouldn't be trying to start when disarming the alarm in the first place.
*4. My parking lights are not flashing when arming/disarming with viper remote. It works fine with OEM remote.
5. 508D sensor is connected directly to a sensor port on the Viper's brain, no splicing. When this sensor is triggered, it comes across as shock sensor on my remote.
I assume some of the issues could be due to lack of/incorrect DBALL2 programming.
I hope I was detailed enough and not confusing, any assistance is appreciated, please ask if you need clarification on anything I tried to explain and THANK YOU so much for helping me out.
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2016 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
#1. Dball guide says for manual trans, to hold the clutch pedal down until LED flashes green 3 seconds, then goes off. You said you're pressing brake pedal. That's for Autos.
#2. Can't help you
#3.   -Pin 9 - RED / WHITE - Fused 12V IGN/Flex relay input 87 - NOT USED If this isn't connected, you will get no output on -Pin 4 - PINK/WHITE - IGN 2 - Connected to relays on clutch switches per DBALL2 instructions.   This would explain your clutch relays not working. Why your car attempts to start when you Press disarm, I have no idea.
#4. In your dball flash options, is your Parking light control set correctly?
#5. Could be a bitwriter setting. Can that sensor be plugged in directly on this unit? Viper 5904 says it can't be due to current limitations.
_bando 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2016 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote _bando
Thank you so much.
1. You are absolutely correct, I didn't interpret those steps correctly. I was just going down the list. I will try this if I can get the unit to get into programming mode again (solid red light)
3. I didn't connect that because I thought that was provided by DBALL2 via D2D since it's not mentioned in the install guide. Is this flex relay the cars OEM ignition relay?
4. Yes, parking light control is enabled in the flash options.
5. Yes I read that in the manual for the 5904 and did see that, but on the 5906's manual the annotation is not there so I assumed it was ok. I will have access to a bitwriter tomorrow. I'll check if it's a setting there.
Keep it coming guys, that's so much mscguy!
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2016 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
The flex relay is a programmable relay that can be either ignition, or accessory, or not used. Some cars, yours included, have have more than one accessory wire and/or ignition wire on the ignition switch. This relay allows easy connection to them without having to use an external relay.
In this case you're using it for something else, so I'm pretty sure you'll have to connect the fused RED / white.
_bando 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2016 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote _bando
Oh so the flex relay is inside the alarm brain and not on the car? Should I just connect that lead to regular 12v ign then?
_bando 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2016 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote _bando
Looking around in the forum and other websites looks like I do indeed have to connect that to 12V ign, thanks again mscguy. I'll try that along with reprogramming dball2 and checking bitwriter setting for motion sensor. I'll report back on behavior.
Still need to figure out why it tries to start the car when hitting the disarm button on viper remote and why my parking lights are not flashing when arming/disarming from that same remote.
First time doing something like this, bear with me :)
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2016 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Oh yeah. I forgot to reply. :)
I would connect that to +12v constant. Not sure why it tries to start when unlocking. Maybe someone else on here has an idea for that.
_bando 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2016 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote _bando
+12v constant, gotcha, thanks for confirming!
_bando 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2016 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote _bando
Progress. I got the DBALL2 to stop flashing orange and programmed it correctly.
I connected Pin 9 - RED / WHITE - Fused 12V IGN2/Flex relay input 87 of remote start harness to 12V and now remote start works. Buuuut the car is shutting down after a couple of seconds. Setting somewhere maybe?
I also discovered that the "DL-Unlock" DBALL2 flash option is what is causing the car to want to start when hitting the disarm button. No idea why. I am thinking about going W2W for door unlock.
Still trying to figure out why 508D reports as shock sensor in remote (didn't see anything weird using the bitwriter) and why my lights are not flashing when arming/disarming.
_bando 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2016 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote _bando
Car no longer shuts down after a few seconds. Calibrating virtualtach did it.
Wired door lock/unlock direct from alarm brain to car's BCM and disabled door control over data in dball settings. All good now.
Parking lights now flash when headlights are off. If they are on though they don't flash but I don't really care about this too much.
508D was reporting as shock sensor because how I had it connected to the brain. The 5906v has two sensor inputs, looks like one is set by default for shock sensor and the other is zone 4. So I switched the connectors around and set zone 4 as motion and it's all good now. Shock reports as shock and motion as motion.
The only problem I have now is that when the tilt sensor triggers I get a trunk alarm on viper remote. This is because the blue instant trigger wire from brain is the the trunk trigger as well. Not sure how to change it or if it's possible. Didn't see anything using bitwriter
Any ideas?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic