the12volt.com spacer
icon

Confusion with 2go ikey RS and bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
michael55123 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2016 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote michael55123
I currently have a ADS-ALCA bypass in a 2012 Dodge Ram. It utilized my factory key to remote start with 3x press, and i have a Drone Mobile plugged into the telemetrics port.   
Everything as of now works as desired. Drone mobile locks/unlocks/starts the truck. The factory key works as it should, and starts with a 3x lock. This is all hooked up with just a t-harness. The only wires tapped are Driver door and parking lights.
I'm looking at the ADS-AL-CH4 guide and have some confusion and questions.   http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-CH4/ADS-AL(DL)-CH4-EN_20151028.pdf
The module has 2 modes. A type-1 and a type-2. Type 1 appears to be a data mode to a remote start. Obviously I have nothing connected to this, other than the drone mobile on the telemetrics port. I have to change the mode to a "Type 2" installation which is "Standard hardwire mode"   Will that then give me the correct outputs to hookup to the 2Go iKey RS. This is a passive keyless and push button start system. http://www.installer.com/pdf/ikey-rs.pdf    I should be able to still utilize the drone mobile in the "standard hardwire mode" correct?
Also where can I get the hardware cables for the ADS-AL and the Drone Mobile interface? I tossed the ones I didn't need over a year ago and I'm not sure where to find them. I want to activate a light and another accessory with the auxiliary out on the drone mobile, and obviously need the hardware plugs for the ADS-AL to connect it to the iKey RS.
Sorry for the long post. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this. I'm probably thinking too far into it. I should be able to just connect the ikey to the proper outputs on the bypass and be done with it.
Thanks for reading and any advice!
dosoft 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2016 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dosoft
You need to hardwire your parking lights output regardless of the mode. Don't bother changing the mode of the module, it will make no difference. The connection to the driver's door is only necessary in case your truck stays with ACC on after the RS shut down the car. Otherwise if the car is not running and you have the blower and radio running- you know what happens. Unless you always perform "take over" but you still may forget one day.
You can call Idatalink's customer support with specific questions as well.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic