the12volt.com spacer
icon

R/S Install on 2013 Chevy cruze Manual Trans

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jcharley 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2016 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
I'm installing a prestige APS997E remote start with a flashlogic FLCAN Bypass into a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze Manual transmission with flip key.
I'm looking at the install guide for the bypass and it shows a negative start wire with a 180ohm resistor going to the clutch switch. Is this all that is needed to make the neutral safety connection or is this simply to start the vehicle.
Is there another connection that needs to be made for the neutral safety side of this install and if so how should I wire it up.
Remote start link
http://www.voxxelectronics.com/docs/common/APS997E/APS997E_IM.pdf
Bypass link
http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-GM7/FLC-AL(DL)-GM7-EN_20160205.pdf
Thanks in advance
Jeff
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2016 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pentavolvo
That's for clutch bypass
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2016 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
Any idea on how to properly wire the neutral safety for this vehicle?
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2016 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
After doing more research I realize that what I'm asking is not possible. I thought there was a wire that could sense if it was in neutral or not but it seems that is only for an automatic.
With that being said I would like to have some sort of neutral safety in place. Would something like this be possible?
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360769#/enter
However instead of using a relay with the parking brake simply ground the shift lever and run a negative inhibit input wire to the springs therefor providing ground when the shifter is in any position that is not neutral.
I'm thinking this wire?
23-Gray w/ Black trace Wire: Negative Inhibit Input / Trigger When Armed
The Gray w/ Black Trace wire provides an instant shutdown for the Remote Start Control Module whenever
it is grounded. This wire also trigger the alarm when armed when armed. Connect the Gray w/ Black
trace wire to the hood pin switch previously installed. This wire must be routed through a grommet in
the firewall and connected to the hood pin switch. If connecting to a factory hood pin switch, it is recom-
mended that a double diode circuit be used to prevent feed back of one device to the other.
WARNING!! This connection is a safety wire and must be connected as shown and tested as specified.
Failure to do so may result in personal injury or property damage. See detail of wiring in the following
diagram. This wire may also be used if the vehicle brake light circuit switches ground to the brake lights.
An isolation diode must be used for ground switched brake light circuits and must be connected to the
output of the brake switch.
Thanks
Jeff
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2016 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
What's the warning say at the top of page 6?
Use a remote starter designed specifically for use on a manual transmission vehicle.
Steve G
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2016 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Top of page 6 in APS997E Install guide :

WARNING!! This unit is to be used in vehicles with AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS only! Although this

combination Alarm/Remote Start unit is a sophisticated system with many advanced features, IT MUST
NOT be installed into a vehicle with a manually operated transmission. Doing so may result in serious
personal injury and property damage!

Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic