the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Elantra with dball2 goin to fortin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2016 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dasbogie
Well maybe break out a few diodes and go positive parking lights from the avital to the left and right parking lights and you'll get the flashes you desire.
Advanced
jameselantra 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2016 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
no you dont get it. i dont even have parking lights hooked up. the power to the lighting gets cut out all lights dash dome headlights all..... nothing should happen with the lighting but it is.,
seems as though when processing the unlock command via can the system kills light power very weird.
i kinda give up
i spent an extra $200 trying to make this right and am still where I started.
Had a pro look at it who thinks my installs are really nice and told me his install experience with this car was exactly the same.
Guy down the street has the OEM now from Hyundai he walked over while I was doing this today apperantly the damn OEM has this issue too. GRRRR
I think it has something to do with how the commands are sent to allow lock and unlock with engine running.
its the cart not the modules.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2016 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
dasbogie wrote:
Well maybe break out a few diodes and go positive parking lights from the avital to the left and right parking lights and you'll get the flashes you desire.
Great idea. Problem solved.
dasbogie 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2016 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dasbogie
I'm not talking about triggering the factory "relay". I'm suggesting powering the parking lights directly with the + p. light output from the avital. In your case the vehicle positive wires are split left and right so you would want to keep it isolated with diodes. On some vehicles this is the only way to get parking light flashes regardless of what the interface module is doing and how the factory multi function switch is set up when installing an aftermarket product.
Advanced
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2016 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
guys im trying to stope the headlights from cutting out this has nothing to do with parking lights
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2016 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
what do parking lights have to do with a vehicle cutting out all lighting during CAN commands????? you people dont read
dasbogie 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2016 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dasbogie
does this happen regardless of the headlight switch position? does this happen with engine off? does this happen with engine on?
Advanced
brownsfan1 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2016 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brownsfan1
jameselantra wrote:
what do parking lights have to do with a vehicle cutting out all lighting during CAN commands????? you people dont read
Well in your first post you call it light flash. You are the one confusing people trying to help then you go insulting them. You said annoying light cut out aka light flash. Which is it cut out or flash?
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2016 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
Ok.
SO to be specific.
parking lights are not even hooked up.
if the cars light switch is on auto or on with the engine running or engine off hitting unlock will cause all lighting to cut out.
i dont know to call it cut out or flash its like this lights are on now hit unlock as you hear doors unlock all lights turn off and then turn back on.
Now here is the crazy thing.
first was with avital 4103LX and DBALL2 the light cut out would happen with unlock but would not happen with trunk release or lock.
had multiple installers look it over and was told its all wired perfect.
so initially i swapped out the avital 4103 lx and dball2 for another new dball2 and new avital 4103. problem exactly the same.
Reached out to DEI who first said it was abnormal and then said it was normal and they left it at that.
SO then I spoke to fortin and a few fortin dealers. they all assured me their unit doesnt do this. the dealers told me they did so many of my car and they are sure this doesnt happen.
So again a swap I took the dball2 out put the fortin EVO-ALL in.
Keep in mind this means rewire again so for sure the wiring is good.
Not only does the fortin do it but it does more.......
with the fortin now lock, unlock and trunk cause this to happen where as the dball2 only did it with unlock.
on top of this even though everyone says D2D has a delay with the DBALL2 the delay was so short you couldnt feel a delay.
The fortin has an extream delay from when I push the buttons.
Im sorry for coming across as rude. Im just really upset. I want to fix this so bad.
Im out extra money and still no solution.
I have found others with the same car and the same problem however some out there say theirs is fine.
My installs are exactly as DEI posts for the DBALL2 and I used their latest firmware for my car HKHT 1.09 for my car 2015 Elantra Key with immobilizer using the diagram method 1 as advised
and with the EVO-ALL using firmware 76.25 which they recommend any firmware 76.10 to 76.25 using the suggested install.
Now this might not sound like a big deal but I do not like the excessive flicked the interior LEDs are suffering due to this bug.
now I was thinking could the avital be sending some command to the bypass causing this issue and a different rs brain solve it?
Im trying to look online for help as I dont want to keep unwiring and rewiring the car. this constant removal of parts is not a great thing to do to a car :(
I came here with this in hope a pro that installs these on these cars could suggest a solution that wont flicker the hell out of my lights.
also with both bypasses the odd remote start will not allow the car to start as if the immobilizer was not bypassed.
sure enough a guy down the road from me has the same car and has gone through the same crap. he gave up and pulled everything out.
if i had to go back to the oem fob and just use the rs to remote start that would be fine. however if this is something that could be fixed it would be nice.
I dont know what else to do.
If I had not already tapped the wiring Ide rather have not added remote start but now that the wires are cut to have no rs module and know the wires are cut makes me mad.
I buy all my cars new and baby them.
Ive put a remote start in many cars with no issues its not the install.
Its either the software on the bypass buggy or the bypasses themselves not liking the car or the rs brain maybe?
Im so lost.
I assumed if companies like DEI and Fortin sold units like this and advertised them as compatible they wouldnt come with this level of problems with no solution in sight.
this just really blows.
What is the point of a CAN Bus interface module if it cant speak over the CAN Bus correctly?
I know I wired correct, I understand the CAN system I dont understand this glitch.
Sorry for rambling on.
SOrry if I come across as insulting.
Im really just very frustrated and upset.
Imagine you buy a car new, your the type that babys it then you keep buying hardware that is "compatible to it" and this happens and you cant get help and your stuck with hardware you no longer want cause its not "compatible" its slightly compatible.
ANd If you reverse it you wont have the feature you wanted just a lesson learned and irreversible wire cuts. not a BIG deal but frustrating. And I really want remote start.
my request isnt that biig, i want my lights not to cut out the way they do and flicker even and I want the car to never have a random crank and no start and abuse the starter motor.
I am going to upload videos showcasing this just so someone like me who tried to research this before going ahead doesnt go down this same road.
One istaller I saw recently as soon as I told him why I was there told me all the things I was about to say to him and told me that his shop now warns Elantras that these bugs will come with the setup.
SO anyway ya, I feel mislead and am upset.
dasbogie 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2016 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dasbogie
Thank you for the detailed description of what you are encountering. I'm not here to aggrevate, just to look for solutions. So to be certain, the light cutout only happens when you execute a command with the remote starter remote when the headlight position is left to auto? It doesn't do it when the headlamp position is left to off cause then they would be just that, off.
Advanced
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic